The blog has now moved!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

We may have competition! - Sunday

A great day all told, I met Becca outside her halls (I linked her to that picture of me being wuved by Lorna and so wore the same t-shirt, she identified me quite easily). We walked to the Union and the Church Crawl happened, there were 3 Freshers (I was impressed there were that many, it's the first weekend, most haven't noticed the CU). Becca came to Eastney. The morning service was the Harvest service and we learnt about some food problems in Bolivia, namely that they have nothing but Potatoes and Wheat to eat. The Christian work being done there is improving their standard of life many-fold. After the service we all went to the Thatched Cottage. Normally we have Sarah's car and that's it, now that Steve H is no longer on placement we also have his car, and for a few weeks, Lizzie has a car. Lizzie, Jo and myself got there first and correctly guessed the right number of people and took a table. I had the Half Roast chickein, of which I normally eat about half of, I ate maybe a fifth of what was on my plate, where had my appetite gone? I normally eat much more! After lunch we all headed to #10, where we saw some pictures of a wedding that Steve, Steve, Andy Ward, Colin and Greg went to see. After that we went down to the seaside, I brought the Nerf Vortex (woo to Early Birthday presents) and we (Colin, Andrew, Steve and myself) threw it around. It was so windy that thowing the vortex one way resulted in it moving oh so slowly (but fairly far) and whistling like there was no tomorrow. Thrown the other way it turned sideways (yet was very accurate), didn't whistle and went very very far. I think it works best in low wind conditions... After the beach we went around to Lorna's house, origionally I was going to be helping give out Donuts at Langstone (by "give out" I mean I was going to be having Donut's for lunch with any Fresher that walked past), now however I've been moved to helping Jo and Lizzie placeate a halls manager (we think they may not like the CU), it was strange how several different people just suggested me, I always thought I was viewed as a bit of a loose cannon in sensetive situations such as talking to a hall warden. Turns out that I'm apparently really confident and diplomatic (when I want to be). Jo promptly made me laugh a lot when we were told that she thought I was more mature than last year. The next three weekends will be interesting, I've got WoA on all three as per usual, however this Friday is my birthday (at Lorna's the Ladies were talking about getting me new trousers because mine were ever so slightly too short), the Saturday afterwards it's Lizzie's and the one after that Sarah has a Birthday party. This will present slight "problems" in my attendance and I may not be able to make it to them. I will try and might make it to the evenings of them. After the Evening service I went over to #10 to watch some Monty Python, however, on the way Steve. SiƤn, Jo, Becca and myself passed Lorna, Sarah, Phil, India and possibly someone else that I can't remember, I yelled really loudly out the car window at them and they all jumped, we all laughed and Phil later texted me telling me he thought it was hillarious :D The name for today is because Becca said she might try to beat me at the free stuff competition. Before I told her the rules she tried to claim a point from getting chocolate off me!

4 comments:

Emz said...

Before I told her the rules she tried to claim a point from getting chocolate off me!

:O

Then again, you can't really blame her.

I don't :P

sparkly shoes said...

hang on
he texted you
has teifion actually entered the age of the mobile phone?!!!!!

Teifion said...

Emma, it's good to know you're always on my side...

Sarah, I have a mobile phone and if you're at the Pub tonight I'll pass it on. If you're not there I will probably see you some time this week (such as on Friday for the BBQ)

Emz said...

^^ No problem mate! :D