The blog has now moved!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Birthday - Friday

I awoke very tired this morning around 0700 and lay in bed, when I actually got up at 0930 my shoulders and upper back ached, almost as if I'd carried a load of free stuff a mile and a half yesterday. Either way, my day soon got better as I got some music and was soon listening to it. Gareth Bought a Vinyl Disc some time on Ebay, he assumed it was a CD. We laughed at him quite a lot and I went back to snoozing/WoAing/MSNing. I didn't do an awful lot today until about 1730 when I walked to Asda, got some fizzy drinks and then walked to the BBQ. It was a long walk and my shoulders now really ache from all the carrying stuff. At the BBQ I got some presents. Lorna, Brierley, Sarah and Emma got me a Mr Potato Head, some Chocolate and some Playdoh. Lizzie, Jo, Emma, Charlotte and Chris got me a Kite, in addition Lizzie and Jo (I used to say Jo and Lizzie because I think it sounds "right" like that but Lizzie complained and Jo wasn't fussed, see what a nice guy I can be?) got me a bag of chocolate covered "Lymington Seagull Poo". I think it tastes like chocolate covered rasins but I'm not a master cheff so my opinion probably isn't valid here. Special mention must go to the card that Jo made, I'd have a picture of it on the web but my Camera is in Steve's car (I forgot to get it out of there when I left it in there). It is made from very nice navy blue card with a picture of the cookie monster on the front (really nicely drawn) with writing saying "Me Want Cookies!!". I think it's very nice that my friends know me so well. Within 60 seconds of getting the Kite I was putting it together and in true Engineer style, ignored the instructions. I got it together fine (despite Lizzie complaining that I should read the instructions), however, needed help with tying a knot (I'm really hopeless at it). Shortly after the knot was tied the plastic bit it was on broke, I'm tempted to blame Lizzie because she tied the knot but that'd be unfair, I could blame Sarah because she was holding the stringe but that'd be unfair, I think it was however better without it. I again used my cool engineering skills to "solve" the problem and we had the kite flying, at least until the string broke (it was very windy). Steve H and myself had fun walking about 400m through high winds to the sea, trying to fill a bucket with water without getting wet, failing at that (the filling it up part, we were both very dry) and then walking back 400m with about 8kg of sand in the bucket, the handle threatend to give at every step. By the time I got back I was very very hot, everybody else was in jackets shivering and I had a t-shirt on and was almost sweating. I also found a way to get people to believe that it's not an act, I get them to touch my neck, in short order I was being compared to a fire because my neck is for some reason, really really hot (though the back of my hands is also a good one). At some point Lawrence came up to me and put his arm over my shoulder, Lawrence made a mistake in this in that I always know he's got something planned so I moved away. The second time (about 10 minutes later) everybody was ready and 5 or more guys all grabbed me. To be fair, they did hold onto me for about 5 seconds before I squirmed out of their grasp. It turns out that while I may look like a skeleton with some very stringy muscle, that muscle is well toned for twisting. In the end they couldn't give me the bumps and settled for all just sitting on me (most of the people weighed somewhat more than me but I survived). After the BBQ some of us went to the pub but I was very tired and so didn't do a lot, when Sarah left early I got a lift with her, it was very welcome as I'm extremely tired from all the exercise I've done. I got back, strung up my Birthday cards (thank you to Lauren for untangling the string), ate some Seagull Poo, WoAd, MSNd, ate some more Seagull Poo (seriously, it's great stuff, I need to look into getting some more), listened to some Worship Music (thanks to Lauren and Pete W I now have 14.6 hours of it!) before going to bed. Now that I am 20, I'm wondering if I should be acting a little older, to quote Brierley and Graham on the card they got me (has a picture of a Gorilla with the words "Hey Gorgeous!") it says "You're no longer a teenager, but it's okay, it doesn't show!". I'm wondering what doesn't show... Edit: As a side note because I forgot to include it earlier, my housemates got me a mahoosively big bag of sweets and the Lizzie-Jo household made me a cake!

7 comments:

Emz said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good day! Glad to hear :)

Happy Birthday again! :P

Anonymous said...

*cries* you forgot to mention your amazing housemates' presents and ridiculously cool card *sob*

Unknown said...

Happy B'day Teifion.

Major Look said...

Happy Birthday 'Old Man'

:-)

Teifion said...

DRAT! I did forget to mention the HUGE bag of sweets! They are really tasty!

Old Man?

Mum said...

glad you had a great birthday - nice to be able to spend the day doing what you wanted to

Teifion said...

I added the big bag of sweets and my birthday cake to the blog.