The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Free Stuff!!! - Wednesday

I got up nice and early today and got to the Prayer Meeting. We didn't use the Chaplaincy and instead prayed on a bench next to a path in a park, I wonder what the people walking past us thought. After the Prayer Meeting I had to enroll, this went mostly okay but I had to setup a direct debit because my student Loan stuff still hasn't come through (I'll have to go see the people sometime). After Enrollment I went to Freshers Fayre. Over the next few hours I managed to get a wee bit of free stuff. I then walked with Huw back to his house, then mine. I dumped my stuff on my bed and got some water, then went back into Freshers Fayre. This time I got a very little bit of free stuff and mostly helped man the CU stall. After Freshers Fayre, myself, Lorna and Steve H talked about the CU website, we've now got FTP access and so are going to be improving it. Sadly Lorna isn't sure of exactly what she wants us to put there. Dinner tonight was very nice, Lizzie and Jo invited myself, Brierley, Lorna, Sarah and Graham to their house for dinner. Lizzie was the only one doing any cooking when I arrived but I'm told Jo did help (I suppose she did talk to me when I got there, incidentally Liz probably helped too). Dinner was Pasta, Bacon and Carbonara sauce. I was given a massive helping, how someone like myself (I think I weigh close to 8 stone and am as such, very thin and lanky) could eat it is beyond me. Ah well, what I did eat was most excellent and I enjoyed it so much that I felt a little sick by the end of eating (I ate to capacity). I rate the food as highly tasteful, filling and despite the lack of mayonayse, delicious. Anybody that knows me will know that I usually have copius ammounts of mayonayse on most things I eat. Graham and myself washed up afterwards, there was a lot to washup and if people cooked for me again, I'd wash up again (providing the food was to such a high standard as it was today). After washing up we all sat around and talked, I've now officially been invited to Lizzie's birthday party. However, it's on a Saturday so it's a little iffy about me acutally being there. After getting back home I did some WoA stuff and then went to bed. All in all a good day. Funniest thing I heard today? "Teifion, your bum is really boney!" (then shortly afterwards) "But not nessessarily in a bad way". I'm rather complimented (it was from a Lady).

2 comments:

Emz said...

*pushes jaw closed*

Where and how did you get all the free food?!

Teifion said...

Freshers Fayre