The blog has now moved!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oh what fun! - Thursday

Nothing in particular today that was fun, just feeling good in general, though I think it's just normal for me. Firstly I got to have a lie in! My 1100 lab went well, Chris my lab partner is much better than myself at hardware (hence why we partnered up, I'm moderately competent at Java). After the lab I went to Tesco for lunch and then went to get my NUS card. After getting that I went to the Union and found that the guy incharge of student rep stuff was away. I went to see John Geddes who is also going to this meeting thingie I've (well, we've got) on Wednesday. He had some interesting things to say. After that I went to see Ionnais but he wasn't there. Noting the time I dashed for the bus, got there quite on time and then got home quite okay. Once home I alternated between WoA, sleeping and also some Java. The other day we badgered Ionnais about our Java project and he informed us it'd be a Chess game. Here's the kicker, two years ago it was a Chess game, only 3 groups completed it. Why did only three complete it? I reckon it's because we have to handle everything ourselves, I think it'll be fun and I've already started reading ahead :) I played some Halo 2 after dinner (Tesco Value Pot Noodles do not taste nice). Also, after posting on this page of Marcia's Blog I remembered the old cookie story. Well, I say remembered, I doubt I'll ever forget it. Anyhoo, the thing is, I read over it and it was LORNA that suggested I get a Lady. If you were (un)fortunate enough miss the whole Cookie and "getting a Lady" event, the two key days are located here and here. In the evening I carried on some work on my Web Design tutorials. Also, I might be cooking a little more now! Yes, my Uncle sent me a Birthday present entitled "Student Grub" (the post here of late has been terrible, my Train Tickets for Saturday didn't arrive until today!) and contains info on how to cook stuff if you're a student. I've not had a chance to look indepth but I've seen an awful lot in the way of vegitables. However, it does tell you how to do everything and assumes that you have no common sense (so tells you how to whisk eggs). In my case I'm sure I have common sense, I just have no idea how to cook (you ever seen a geek cook stuff?).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, i havent seen a geek cook. Which is odd as i live with three of them :P N ewww value pot noodles; i don't even count the normal ones as food. That's just not right, where are the vegetables?!

Teifion said...

They're right there along with the rest of the goodness.

Emz said...

I haven't seen a geek cook either. I'm sure somebody somewhere out in the world has though :P

I was told by somebody that they use the "old student trick" of grabbing a load of ingredients, throwing them in a wok and hope for the best.

According to him, he can now cook chili, noodles with cajun prawns and some sweet n sour sauce and apparently he can do salmon really well with corriander and lime dressing.

Dunno if it's true but it might be :D Maybe worth a shot, but the cooking book is probably a safer bet, IMO :P

Marcia said...

Cooking really is quite simple once you get started at it and vegetables do a body good. ;)