The blog has now moved!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Choc chip cookies work wonders - Monday

I woke up to the dulcet tones of 'Scumbag' by the 'Arctic Monkeys'. I turned this off straight away as they'd wake everyone up. I sat down and closed my eyes for a moment. Next thing I know Aaron has phoned me to check I'm up. I noticed with horror I had fallen asleep within seconds. I immidiatly splashed water over my face to stop it happening again.

Aaron persuaded me to get the 0800 bus. I regret getting it as there were no girls on their own or even in small groups there. This meant that I was forced to not try chatting with any. Besides, I was very tired. B101 was dull, the only reason I was there was so that I could chase up the lecturer if he wasn't there, I'm a course rep for a reason.

After the B101 lecture I went and did some C. I spent a lot of the time talking with the research student about Neural Networks. He's pretty impressed at my plans and it appears I have the idea about right. I also handed in my Website coursework.

Owing to the presence of loads of people nearby, and none of them in any way looking interested in chatting I developed a cunning plan. I would go back, get lunch and then come back and go to Tesco. On the way there Lorna arrived. She said "why don't you look so happy to see me?". I simply said one word "Anton". She laughed a lot as she realised the reason I was there. She did however elaborate on how I was going to find ladies with heavy bags. She said that Tesco was a good place to find them.

I saw nobody with any heavy bags at Tesco. However, at the bus stop there were three people. Nathan from my course and also someone else. On a whim I had bought some Chocolate Chip Cookies. I offered them around, Nathan didn't want one but the lady did. I was hoping that would be a good conversation starter but her mobile went and she chatted on it. I got on the bus and made sure there was a space next to me, but she didn't sit there.

The situation was dire, I had a whole two cookies left in the open pack and no apparent progress, it was time for a drastic move. I offered the bus driver a cookie but he did not want one. When we arrived at Langstone I stuffed one cookie in my mouth and managed to walk next to this lady and offer her the last cookie. She was taken aback by this gesture, accepted and began talking to me.

I had already gotten my mail but thought it'd be best to double check. The lady's name is Dominique and she's from London. Of amazing coincidence there was a guy there from Ruislip, he was on some main road. I forgot to ask what school he went to.

Anton congratualted me and gave me some good advice. Don't ask any more random girls. If an oppertunity arises, take it, otherwise it's not a good idea to get a bad reputation. I think he's got a good point so I'll not be keeping score at all.

Dinner was nice, after that I went to help set up the sound for the CU. After the meeting we went to the pub and played some Chess. My team won both games, I think my influence was rather useful. I got the bus back, blogged and went to bed.

People telling you to turn your sound down It's not happened much yet (just once when it was rather late, I'm quite okay with that). Annoyance Factor - 5 Weirdness Factor - 5 Volume Factor - 10 Ease of Creation - 4 Average - 6

4 comments:

Mum said...

I think Anton is right - I don't want people thinking you are a predator.

On the not getting up when the alarm goes you need to remember you are from the same gene pool as Stevie and he can sleep all day until the evening without realising - So Beware

Teifion said...

I did get up for the alarm, I just fell asleep again after getting out of bed, hitting the space key on the keyboard and then sitting down. I normally take about an hour to get to sleep.

Anonymous said...

Hi, for all those interested I was the random girl that was "chatted up". I have to say that I had no idea that was the point, and I'm sorry Teifion, I have a boyfriend. Say hi to Sam and Duane for me ;0)

Teifion said...

ah well, probably good that I know that. Good thing I have more choc chip cookies