The blog has now moved!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I have a problem! - Sunday

I got up, went to Church. Today Jonathan was on Holiday so we had a guest speaker. He didn't have a single point to make but covered the miracle of the feeding of the 5000 (actually more like 20000-25000 because it only counted the men). Overall he mostly talked about God Testing us and Challenging us. He also did a cool one man sketch on the miracle (we were all laughing). After Church we went to the Thatched cottage and after waiting for over an hour, got a table. I hadn't eaten anything for the whole day up until that point. I ate just about all of the half roast chicken (partly to prove Lorna wrong, she said I'd not finnish it) and even ate a little left over ice cream that Steve didn't want (I used my fingers too, though apparently this was a bad idea). After that I went home and did some more of my MySQL WoA Database thing (we're having a competition to name it). I re-did a bit of stuff I did yesterday that wasn't working, the 2nd set of code was not only shorter and easier to read, but it also worked! I went to the evening service with Steve H (we and Chris Brough were the only students there). I am very glad I went because not only did I learn about some stuff I didn't know (Old Testament stuff) but it also Challenged me. The speaker (a different guy from this morning) said about how if Jesus returned, those that truely trusted in him would be taken up. Did we really trust in him? It's certainly made me think. Now onto the commedy! Literally. Sunday Night Live is an Evangelical event that I gave out fliers for on Wednesday (I didn't spy the pole climbing lady there). It was proceeded with some Jaz, then some Comedy from a Christian Comedian. It was incredible, the way that he told stories that were hilariously funny yet also merged seamlessly into Christian challenges. There was some free food and then more from Mark Richie (the comedian). I then had two choices, get a lift home from Steve H or help clean up. One of the things that I then remembered from the morning service was "What does Jesus want you to do?" I'm glad I did what Jesus wanted because it is going to be awesomely funny tomorrow if I get enough votes. Yes, votes, you'll read why in a minute (or less if you skip ahead). I cleaned up a load of stuff and chatted with Huw a bit, there was music playing and he managed to record me dancing to it, he wants to post it on the internet, I'm considering it. Justin talked to us a little, Justin was wearing a badge on a piece of elastic. As a joke Huw pulled it back a little and let it snap back, it got the upper half of Justin's chest and didn't make a noise. Justin, for whatever reason, did it himself. He however managed to hit his throat quite hard. It was most amusing. Now the voting. At the end of it there was a bucket of flowers. I managed to get 21 of them. Here and here are two (only slightly) different pictures of them. Emma saw me with them and said... Emma: You need to give them to a lady Me: Umm, I just took them because they were free and look nice, who would I give them to? Emma: Someone you fancy Me: And who do I fancy? Emma: I don't know, you've not told me Me: Assuming I don't fancy anybody, who do I give them to? Emma: Lizzie? Me: Why? Emma: Because she's a nice person Me: Not only has she already left, but she didn't say goodbye, I think that disqualifies her Emma didn't have a comeback to this, but that's okay because I have a solution. While walking back with Huw I came up with the cunning plan of having blog readers vote for whom I should give them to! So, without further adoo, here is a list of ladies I know that are single. Emma and Marcia, lovely ladies that you are you are not on the list as I doubt they would reach you in time. Anybody that votes for Emma or Marcia should also put down someone on the following list or your vote gets ignored. You must post your name, and if you're not a registered blogspot member, in some way prove who you are if you're from WoA. Brierley (She has got a Boyfriend) Helen (Also has a Boyfriend) Jo (Yep, she's got one too) Sarah (She's the one on the right and is married to the guy on the left) Lizzie (Single, if she's chosen I'll make sure there's someone with a camera incase her response is funny) Sarah (Yeah, she's taken too) Siän (Single, again, I'll have a camera, her reaction would be very funny) Karen (As the picture might imply, Karen is going out with Stew) Ceryn (I think she's taken) Lorna (She's taken, you'll probably remember her from this Lauren (My housemate, she's in one of the later photos, she apparently doesn't like these flowers) You've seen the flowers, now lets see some "action" shots (okay, my housemates thought it'd be funny and I had the camera out). This is Gareth posing as me, holding the flowers, waiting for the right moment. This is what happens when a camera flash goes off in your face. This is what I'll look like giving them to a Lady. If I get lucky, this might be a picture of me and {insert name of Lady in question here} afterwards, I might have to apply copius ammounts of chocolate to cover up the problem of being ugly, I might just manage it! So, you need to vote by whatever time tomorrow I have CU or your vote won't count. I do know where most of the people live and it might be funnier to do it like that, however there's something about doing it infront of 20 - 60 people that just says "funny" like nothing else. To vote, post a comment saying who you vote for, why is an optional extra.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, i didn't say i didn't want them til AFTER you informed me they weren't going to be mine. Although my favourite flowers are yellow roses, for future reference! :P

Damn i look awful in those pics...but never mind...Gareth looks okay, for an EMO!!!! Hahaha.

Personally i'd give them to Lorna for being mean to her so much...so there you go!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Sarah's 21st birthday tomorrow... and there are 21 flowers... I think it's quite easy really.

Unknown said...

I'm gonna vote for Sarah. The whole 21 thing would make her think you are actually thoughtful. Go figure!! Or you could just antagonize a lot of people and carry them around all day pretending to be waiting to give them to someone and then not.

Teifion said...

AJ, make your mind up...

Anonymous said...

Sian.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I can make something up that is already there. :P

But on another note, I suppose I'll go with Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Siän. She is blonde and single. Go for it Teif! And post the pictures on Arl please. No offence to any of the other girls of course, but I'm sure you had a picture of a guy in there, is there something you're not telling us Teif???

Anonymous said...

I really think you should give them to Emma to say 'sorry for picking on you all the time.' Of the others id go for Sian.

Anonymous said...

Well I would have to say Sian. Good luck with the whole thing. Also I cannot wait for Strife's video!

Anonymous said...

I'd give them to Sarah... It's her birthday today!

Anonymous said...

give them to Sarah mate - it'll be really sweet

Anonymous said...

What better birthday present than flowers? Note I'm not counting in weekend to Iceland.

If you can't decide, why not give them all 1 flower? Any that remain, just turn them over to Lauren. :P

You wanted identification? Let's just say I didn't ignore you.

Teifion said...

Votes so far!
Sarah: 5
Siän: 5
Lizzie: 2
Lorna: 1

The people that you can't see that have voted are Nightbringer from WoA and also Chris and Emma from the CU. Nightbringer voted Siän and Chris + Emma voted Lizzie. In about an hour the voting will be closed as I'll be leaving for the CU

Anonymous said...

Sian, for the reasons Khaine said. I might swing the vote! Wow!

Emz said...

If I'd gotten here on time to vote I'd have said Sarah. 21 Today and 21 flowers! :P

Or like somebody else suggested, one to everybody if you can't decide :D

And you're right about them not reaching me and Marcia on time, but we could make pot pouri or something! XD

Teifion said...

Siän is the "lucky" Lady, if she's not there then Sarah gets them.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling slightly sad that I didnt get them... sob sob!! Like someone said, if you'd have gone 'hey Sarah, here are 21 flowers for your 21st birthday'' then i would have thought you were very clever and thoughtful etc and probably would have gone ''AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW'' alot... but you didnt so instead i will cry! On a positive note Lorna did get me flowers for my birthday which are gorgeous - THANKS LORN! Mwahhh!