The blog has now moved!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A little tired - Saturday

WoA, the first thing I did today was WoA. Within seconds of it being today I began Results. Basically Araith and Arakasi (Dutch and Australian respectively) said it'd be easier for them like this. Seeing as it's Lizzie's birthday party tonight I felt I could "make the sacrafice" of doing an all nighter, it's a tough life being a student and partying all the time but someone has to do it... Anyhoo, after 9 hours of working on the Results and Story I went to bed (meaning I went to bed later than I normally get up) and got up at about 1500, meaning I also had a massive lie in today, it doesn't feel like it. I got up, had some breakfast and then napped a little. Towards the end of the afternoon I wrapped up my present for Lizzie. Now, I do not have a wealth of crafting materials, specifically plain paper and duct tape. It was a real challange to turn 4 slabs of chocolate into something else but I reckon I managed it. First I turned them into a tube shaped cuboid. The I stuck on some card to the ends to give it some more shape. This was wrapped in two sheets of paper around the long sides and then everywhere else too. Here is where it gets arty, I wrapped more paper around it to cover up the duct tape giving the final result of this. All the paper is stuck down with double sided duct tape (just make a loop with the stickyness on the outside). I then did more WoA stuff, napped, took a picture of the card that Jo made for me for my birthday. I had dinner, wrote some blog, watched V for Vendetta on DVD and went to the party. The party was quite nice and we talked, talked some more and then played some games of Mafia. Turns out that I'm not a bad story teller and was Story Teller in both games I played in. Lizzie managed to unwrap my present in the space of 30 seconds and hardly talked to me for the rest of the party. I think that she wasn't overly impressed by my present, I'm wondering if Jo's advice to go with Chocolate over a 20kg bag of Rice wasn't as good as I thought. Sarah gave me a lift home and I found that my internet was playing up :(

0 comments: