The blog has now moved!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Interesting Day! - Wednessday

Yes, today was good. I got up at 0810 (again) and managed to be ready on time to leave for my Java lecture. It was a very good lecture, as it's at 0900 most of the students are too asleep to answer the questions, this means that if none of them answer, I get to answer (as in, I wait for nobody to say anything then I put my hand up, I already know most of the answers). Ionnais made many a joke and probably taught the rest of the class something. For the next two hours I did some WoA stuff and umm, I can't remember what else but there was something else I did involving my computer. I think I walked to Tesco but can't remember exactly (it's 0050 tomorrow and when you read what else I did today you'll hopefully forgive me). After the two hours I had Salem. Simply put, he speaks fast, in a foreign accent and flips through the slides at high speed. Said slides have massive equations on them. Not overly good. I went to the Prayer Lunch but sadly had to leave early for the SSCC meeting, I'm a course rep. I wasn't overly involved in the meeting but I did find out something I'm now going to pass on. If you are an Engineering student and you use computers in the A0.07 or A0.11 labs, they are now networked and you need to backup your data to a seperate USB stick or you will need the person to log in. Normally that's not a problem as they'll be there, but if they're not there (suppose they're ill) you can't get to your work. After I got home from the Meeting I did a wee bit of WoA stuff and watched some American Da over Dinner, then some more afterwards. Justin phoned me about giving out fliers at the Union for the CU's event this Sunday (Jazz and Comedy, it should be awesome), I arrived just after Ceryn and shortly after myself, Justin arrived (by shortly I mean within a minute). Ceryn and myself started giving out the fliers outside of the Union and Justin went inside to get people to sign up for a football tournament thing. About 10 minutes into giving out the fliers a bouncer came out the Union, he was about a head shorter than me but likely weighed twice what I did, was bald and wasn't smiling. Bouncer: Step onto the coloured stuff please Me: Coloured stuff? Bouncer: The Coloured tarmac, you're on private property here Me: Sure, what's the problem? *I step onto Coloured tarmac in the hope the bouncer will not do something stupid* Bouncer: You're advertising for an activity that's not at the Union We had a 30 second talk about how the Sunday Night live was going to be at the Union but it got moved, I didn't push my point too hard because I didn't need to, I Ceryn and I managed to get rid of our fliers fine, probably better like this. After about 30 minutes Ceryn and myself moved to a set of traffic lights near a load of nightclubs and met two ladies giving out fliers for strippers. I didn't realise it at first but they were doing it because they worked there (I assumed it was because they were being paid to do it). The key thing is that one of the ladies there started talking to me, likely because of my unique manner of giving out the fliers, I'd be polite, respectful and call people "Sir", "Gentlemen" or "Ladies" and smile a lot. I got a good response. Anyhoo, the lady told me... Lady: Most people think it's really easy to climb up poles Me: It is Lady: No it's not, you have to put your leg around it like this (bends leg as if sitting cross legged) and then pull yourself up Me: No, the best way to climb a pole is to put your foot against it, place your hands about a meter or so above your feet and pull on the pole, then you just walk up the pole Lady: You're meant to do it my way in the club Well, that was interesting. I don't know if she'll come to the Sunday Night Live thing but it'd be cool if she did (the more the merrier). Less importantly, I gave advice on climbing poles to a pole dancer. Ceryn found this highly amusing mentioning something about "Only Teifion would manage it". I jogged some of the way back and walked the rest, got home, watched Constantine (Pete likes it a lot), did some WoA stuff, talked to people about my day and then went to bed. In other news, I have no labs tomorrow!

5 comments:

Major Look said...

Excellent blog Teifion!

Made me Laugh out loud (oh no, he's not hip he should have put LOL)

I hope you weren't invited to demonstrate your pole climbing technique?

Mum said...

well - I see your education has progressed further than I realised - giving advice to a pole dancerr on technique!

Teifion said...

I was not invited to demonstrate it, I would have but for the fact we were in the middle of three main roads where police cars would go by and probably yell at me for climbing up traffic lights or street lights :(

Marcia said...

I'm certain the pole dancer will put your advice to good use! ;)

Emz said...

*falls over laughing, gets up and brushes self off* I would -so- loved to have been there when you gave advice to those pole dancers! I'd have probably laughed even harder!

Constantine is also an awesome film :D