The blog has now moved!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Free Day! - Thursday

Today I had no lectures. The day got off to a good start with me getting up at the timely hour of umm... 1100 ish. Shortly after getting up a repair man arrived to fix our Sink and Shower, they've been leaking a little. Telling the landlord to fix it is really good as none of us feel like dipping into our Student Loan. For the rest of the day I did WoA stuff. Another repair man arrived to fix our Kitchen light, again, I'm not dipping into my student loan for a light when I can just walk around in the dark! Dinner was a delicious Chicken and Chips (I even ate some greens!). Over dinner we watched the Blues Brothers, Pete had never seen it before! After dinner I carried on with WoA and general MSNing. So, I need filler? Did you noticed that the top two paragraphs contained the words "Student Loan"? That's because I've been doing a little research on the Google ads (by research I mean I got a mate to tell me some stuff). The basic principle of the ads is that every time they're clicked, some money goes to Google, some goes to whoever is hosting the ad. More imporatntly, whoever pays for the ad can decide how much they want to pay, the more they pay, the more money goes to Google and the host. The top terms almost all involve loans and/or lawyers. Basically anything to do with lots of money changing hands. So, I now need a plan to talk about money orientated things without being boring. Suggestions?

7 comments:

Mum said...

These greens you ate - was this mould on bread or do you mean you actually ate some vegetables?


Landlords are expected to pay for repairs due to age - tenants usually have to pay for stuff they break

Marcia said...

I'm not sure there is an interesting way to talk about money, unless you begin your discussion "after I robbed the third bank . . ."

Congratulations on the greens by the way, it is important to stay healthy.

I can't remember what it feels like to sleep until 11:00. :(

Brett Jordan said...

Any blog that begins with 'I decided to send my ever-luvvin' uncle brett a sack-load of money' would certainly get my vote for 'a very interesting way of talking about money'.

Teifion said...

The greens were real greens, Lauren cooked them and was happy to be informed about the "Teifion's Mum Loves Me" club.

Robbing banks might work, I'll have to throw in a story about lawyers too if possible.

Sleeping in till 1100 is not all it's cracked up to be, it's nice once in a while but when I was doing it daily I found that I got lethargic and couldn't be bothered to do anything. When I started getting up at 0900 the situation improved somewhat, for best results I recomend 0600 or 0700, though for this you'll need an early night.

Brett, if I were to send you a sack of money it'd be on loan, I just don't have the surplus cash slopping about in my (slightly untidy) room to send you a sack of cash :(

Major Look said...

Why not go to Martins Money Tips and comment on some of his subjects, and give links to them as well.

In this way, you would also help others, as his tips are all genuine money saving advice from someone who trys to help people.

The link is:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Teifion said...

I might have to try and subsequently review some of those!

Marcia said...

Try listening to Warren Zevon's classic song "Lawyers, Guns and Money," you might find yourself inspired.