The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Google are going to give me money! - Tuesday

I awoke at 0810, not good, I was leaving the house in 20 minutes! Luckily, I was fine and even met Huw on the way. The Java lecture was "Interesting" in that we covered basic data structures such as While Loops, If statements and other such basic things I was sure we were taught last year. I answered questions when nobody else would. After the lecture I got the bus back with Aaron and enjoyed a nice rest. I was meant to have a single 1 hour lecture in the middle of the day with a two hour break either side of it. I managed to remember it 10 minutes before it started and therefore could not go. At best I'd have arrived a quarter of an hour late :( On the plus side, Google now owe me money. At the time of writing it's only £12.14 ($22.75 for you Ladies and Gents over the pond) but that's after 12 hours of the ads being on my site. The ads are also on the blog and are very simple, if at the end of a month I have $100 or more in my "account", it's sent to me, if I have less then it rolls over till next month. I stuck the ads on WoA and assuming I make £10 a day from them, after a month I'll have approx £300 (I forsee a lot less ad activity after the initial burst). In the afternoon I went to the Digital Electronics lecture that doesn't appear on my timetable and then to the 2nd lecture of Software Systems (I missed the first) and am glad I missed the first and instead put ads on my site, it's stuff I'm still familiar with (taking a problem and turning it into a computer program). After that lecture we had a lecture on Networking which wasn't overly riviting :( Aaron gave me a lift home (which was rather nice of him) and I did some WoA stuff. Dinner was chips and gammon and we watched 4 episodes of "American Dad" during dinner, it's very very funny and similar in nature to Family Guy (I think it's done by the same people).

5 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

hi teifion, i just converted to islam thanks to one of the ads on your blog, good work! :-)

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Teifion said...

If you tell me the URL of the ad then I can block it from my ad list, I've already blocked some less than nice ads. On the plus side I've found that every thousand impressions gets me money too!

Anonymous said...

I wouldm't worry about Brett - he was converted to Jedi after seeing Star Wars

Teifion said...

There's only one problem with that, it sounds completely plausable!

Major Look said...

Mine went to Lutheran Prayer Beads and also - Prayer RingTones!!

I have now spent £235 on beads and a fiver on a ringtone.

Many thanks.