The blog has now moved!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Cold isn't getting much better - Sunday

I got up bright and early and found a massive 8 comments on the blog. It appears that Duane doesn't like being woken up at 0700 when he does the same at 0200. Well, that's not really important so I'll move on. The morning service was for the children and was quite interesting (they should do more like it). After the service I brought out my 'surprise'. It wasn't what Sarah or Lorna thoguht (for some reason they thought it was a card :D ). It was an Othello board and approximatly 75 counters. I taught Mathew how to play, he's five and learnt very fast. Aftewards we went the Bold Forrester for lunch (Sarah, Brierley, Lorna, Lizzie, SiƤn, Lawrence, Andy and Steve). It was a nice meal and afterwards we went to play football. I'm not much better, I have a cold and it was chilly. Though I think I'll be okay for the match next saturday. I wasn't as violent this time, but apparently am rather good at marking people. After the match we went over to Andy, Steve, Colin and Eds house. They wouldn't let us in (might be because I knocked on the door) and generally chatted. The Evening service was very good. The message that I've decided to follow up on from it is "Put others first". This doesn't mean I'm going to do nothing but serve people, but it does mean I'll try to think of other people more often. I've already found a better way to put my speaker and knocked the bass down a little. After the evening service we went over to the Hackers where we had a cup of tea and chat before going home. Despite it being a very bust day not a lot of it actually translates into Blog stuff :(

Tip of the day When someone feels that they've been in some way wronged or insulted, they'll defend themselves with passion, even if they are wrong or were not wronged.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you woke me up at 7am??

I dont think you did somehow since i go to sleep with headphones on listening to instrumental and classic music.

Unknown said...

My dad used to tell people when he coached that when you mark someone you should be as close as "a pimple on a butt." Let that be your inspiration. *wink*

Anonymous said...

im confused, is Ti thepimple or the butt????

Unknown said...

hahahanotfunny