The blog has now moved!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lazy Friday - Friday

I got up very very late, about 1200 or so. Had breakfast and did standard WoA stuff. I then decided I should get some stuff from Tesco. I got the 1330 bus in, and then, 15-20 minutes after getting off, got it on it's return journey. This did involve sprinting back from Tesco. Dinner was quite nice, though the rice pudding wasn't up to scratch. it was the first time, and probably last time, that I try it. I've also gotten my hands on "V for Vendetta" and it looks like it'll be really really cool. Here is the main site and here is the trailers section. Trailer 1 I have, trailer 2 doesn't fully download with me which is a shame as it looks really good. The Superbowl trailer is very short. This evening I had two choices, go to a dinner with the football team, most of whom I don't know. OR, go and make banners for the match tomorrow. I walked to Joe and Lizzie's house, couldn't find the way in for 15 minutes and so waited around until I came up with an idea. Sarah, Brierly, Colin, Sam and Andrew (This one does Computer Game technology). We made some cool banners and good fun was had by all but Lizzie who was doing work. Now, for a bit of worry. I've passed all modules, except one. But even with that mark I average a 53% which is not too bad, I've got two firsts as well so I'm hoping that I can get away with it somehow. The first year results don't even apply to your final final degree so I doubt they'll have too much of a problem with it.

Random thought of the day Why is a cobweb called a cobweb?

5 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

Middle English coppeweb : coppe, spider (short for attercoppe, from Old English āttercoppe : ātor, poison + copp, head) + web

hope that helps

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Anonymous said...

on the cob web thing
My great grandma was called Gertrude cobb and she married Albert Webb, had they double barrelled their names they would have been Gert and Bert Cobb-Webb
(I'd like to say I made that up, but alas it is true)

Anonymous said...

read the Hobbit, there's a great bit with Bilbo wearing the ring and running around hurling abuse at giant Spiders "Attercoppe attercoppe down you drop" etc

Well cool...

Teifion said...

Ahhh, that solves one mystery of life :)

Anonymous said...

not that it matters...but u spell my name without an e on the end!!! Glad u enjoyed the banner making ;)