The blog has now moved!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

It's the participation that counts - Saturday

Normally I'd be getting up at 1000 (ish) on a Saturday. Instead today I was up at 0750 for the footie match. By 0915 everybody was at the train station and ready to go. We got our tickets and got onto the train. We had to make a switch over but it wasn't too bad, we got off one train and walked right onto the next. Once we arrived the squad went into the changing room and had a very short team talk (people kept on comming and going because they needed the loo). We got onto the pitch and saw a complete lack of supporters. This wasn't a good sign, we'd brought loads with us, luckily they showed up very quickly. We did some warm-ups, Southhampton decided to copy us and do exactly the same warm-ups, just 5 minutes behind us. The plan (I thought) was to put me on the pitch after 30 minutes when most of their strikers would be worn down and I'd be able to out-run them very easily, just providing this small, fast and annoying thing in their way. Hedley had changed his plan and put me on right at the end, I sadly only got 10 minutes of play in. I didn't like it, but Hedley is captain and I respect that he knows more than me about football (a lot more) so I'll be okay with it. We lost 7-2 but our team was thrown together from random people and they play so many football matches that they actually have a 1st and 2nd team. Southampton, despite having a CU of 300 and having two football teams in said CU. Had only 5 supporters at most. We had close to 30 (I think) along with banners and lots of cheering, it was very good. After the match we went to the pub, talked to people, sadly most of the Southampton people didn't come up there, phhhp, what wimps. On the train back I was very tired, but as soon as we started talking about people stealing food from Brierley's cupboards it got more interesting. After getting back to my room I had a lovely Tuna Sandwhich and then did a load of WoA and PHP stuff. My Forum now has a slightly snazzier look (I was a bit tired and it's something easy to do, just takes time). Tomorrow, it's a birthday BBQ at Eastney church, should be great fun :)

Forming a team The footie lads at the CU want to form a team and play more games. I doubt I'll join in any game unless it's at Langstone. I just don't really fancy travelling much, heck, I probably wouldn't turn up to practices, I only did this time because it's a one-off.

0 comments: