The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Othello for the Win - Thursday

Yes, another 0900 start to the day. This time David and Myself started on our clock project. I'm feeling confident that we'll actually get it finnished before the assessment. After the lab I went and found the hard way that there is no 1100 bus (that's when my lab finnishes). This meant I had to hang around some people advertising the Sabatical positions vote thingie. I got back at 1200 and had a nice, big, tuna fish sandwhich. It was most enjoyable. More Marathon (it's a really good game, go download it) and a little WoA as per usual. After that I went and turned up half an hour before the C practical. I used this time wisely to download trailers for X Men 3 and also V for Vendetta. Both look very good and I'll be wanting to see them if any of the CU go. During the practical, something happened, Chi accepted the challenge of a game of Othello against me. The game started off with me taking the early-game positions of power. Chi quickly saw my strategy and started playing a much better game by denying my attempt to take the sides. Towards the end of the game the rest of the class came over to watch, for some reason there wasn't much support for Chi. I managed to get the first corner, after that it quickly got worse for Chi. He only kept 1 corner and I managed to win the game 41 to 23. To be fair to Chi, he was worried about the practical he was supposed to be teaching, 50 minutes after we started we finnished. It was a tough game but very challenging. After the practical I had two choices. Get the bus back to Langstone, wait 5 minutes and get it back in again, OR, sit outside the room the CU would be in for a while, reading HWFIP. I chose the latter, without waiting long Lizzie and then Greg arrived and so we chatted a bit. Not long after that Sam, Emma and Chris also arrived. Christianity Explored was very interesting today, I asked some tough questions but sadly couldn't get an answer to them. Lizzie wrote them down so I'll borrow her notebook on Sunday and ask Johnanthan on Sunday. I walked back with Brierley and Lizzie as we'd missed the bus. It wasn't very cold and it was a nice walk. It took in total 40-50 minutes but it seemed so much less with social company. I went to make myself a lovely snack of a Tuna sandwhich and found to my horror someone had eaten about half of my loaf of bread. I'm not sure who it was yet, chances are it'll be someone that didn't realise that I'd be offended and we'll solve it without resorting to knives.

Why oh why? Matt (a research student) asked me why I didn't just email my parents rather than use a blog. To be honest, I've no idea. But I'm rather happy with the blog.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't mind I would like to know what those questions you asked were.

Anonymous said...

re blog v. email -
if you have received emails from Teifion you would know why we prefer a blog!

Teifion said...

I'll post the questions up some time, I'm saving them for a rainy day ;)

That's not my mother, even though it's written like her. She's got her own top secret account.

Anonymous said...

are you still attending alpha Tie?

Teifion said...

No, I'm going to Christianity Explored. Like I said, it's a nice small group and I know the people there quite well.

I feel that if people (that I don't know) are happy in their faith, why try to find holes in it, it'll only upset them and produce no gain for me. With people I know it's somewhat easier.

Anonymous said...

you have to see this site it is rather brilliant
www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/ultimate+showdown/#start
it even has the legend that is Chuck Norris!!!!!