The blog has now moved!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Where did the day go - Wednessday

I was tired, very very tired and also aching. So I got up at about 1100. I did a load of WoA stuff and started work on sorting out my 'just after results' duties. I didn't finnish these duties in time before the CU hallgroup so I had to leave them on hold, sorry guys. I had dinner (roast, mmm) and was thinking of flicking food at Gareth (he was sitting at another table with his Girlfriend) but Brierley (yeah, misspelt it yesterday...) managed to distract me somehow, too tired to remember. After dinner I got a bus in and the same bus back from the union with Pete. The Hall group was very good and interesting. I brought up the subject that if God judges us by our motives, and our motives are good, does it really matter that we fall short? I brought up something similar and Lawrence provided a very good analogy that explained it very well, a pity that I am too tired to remember it. Tomorrow is a busy day, at 1100 or something I've got an ASK thingie, 1530 is a presentation and 1900 is the Alpha course. I'll also put an image of my timetable up so that you can all see when I'm meant to be working. I've decided that this semester I'll try and sit at the front, ask lots of questions and give a hard time to the lecturer. Well, try to, if they know their stuff then they'll be able to answer the questions very well. I got back from a very very late hall group, Brierley, Sarah, Lorna and myself stayed up rather late discussing quite a lot of things about the CU and then later, life in general (neighbours, eugh...) so I'm rather tired. Sorry that I haven't put the pictures of Colina's hair straightening up (it's a guy)

Random Fact of the Day I've got lots of readers from somewhere, most of them are anonymous (and I can't spell). Just so you know, I do delete innapropriate comments and also am more likely to ignore comments from people that I've no idea who they are.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That motives question is an interesting one. I would like to hear the answer people gave. Maybe I'll give an answer on my blog someday. I won't bore anyone with it now. Teif it sounds like you have some cool friend, wish I could meet some. But alas, I live in the US

Anonymous said...

So you want to become one of those tits who piss the lecturer off and the rest of the students by wasting his time asking irrelevant questions in an effort to make you look smart.

Also, the whole motives thing... it's not complicated. The answer is no.

Teifion said...

I'll try and remember what the answer was, but I was (and still am to some extent) tired.

No, I won't be asking irelevant questions, well, they will be if you're a moron or not paying attention.

As for the lecturer, if they don't want to be asked tough questions, they shouldn't lecture.

Anonymous said...

if you want to be like that second year guy who comes into lectures and irritates everyone, feel free.

Teifion said...

I've talked to Tom, he's not actually that bad. Yes, he does verge off topic a lot and I don't plan to. But after thinking about it, we should all be asking questions about stuff we don't know.

Anonymous said...

i think the difference there is that Tom asks questions he seems to know the answers to to look smart. If you don't understand then you should definitely ask either in the lecture or after it.

Teifion said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Yeh that's true. If you don't understand something you should definitly ask. But to quote... "I've decided that this semester I'll try and sit at the front, ask lots of questions and give a hard time to the lecturer." That just sounds like your setting out to ask questions you may know the answer too or want to annoy people!

Anonymous said...

Yer dont be a twat !

Anonymous said...

that's a little harsh but i agree with the thought proccess