The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Have I got a blog for you - Monday

Yes, today is a big day. I got up at 1100 or so and got the 1130 bus into the city with Gareth. We went shopping and of note was a shoplifter at Woolworths. We didn't see the guy but 3 security guards ran full out from one end of the shop to the other. We were dissapointed, we wanted to see some action! After shopping we went to our exam. I was laughed at by some people because I had two bags of shopping. I ignored them and commenced passing the exam. After the exam I went back to my room and Admined WoA a bit. Right after dinner I left with Gareth for the CU meeting. Gareth was dubious about comming, but decided he had nothing to lose and nothing better to do. The CU meeting was quite good. Lizzy had it turns out read my blog (and more importantly the comments), she was "Not very impressed". She did not however mind (or maybe just not react fast enough) the hug. Lizzy also accepted a cookie. Deneise hugged me (I'm on a roll), I was going to try the "tummy squish" suggested by Sarah but Deneise just isn't that tall. Johnathan was a very very good speaker and I got a decent recording. It's a 20MB file in mp3 format. If it's well recieved I'll start doing it every week. I do however need a new power supply. I've no idea what's wrong but it's getting worse every day, it's impressive that the battery lasted the whole time (there was singing before the talk). The file is here, enjoy. After the meeting we went to the pub. Now, yesterday Andrew reflected light into my eyes six times, I vowed to get him back because he didn't apologise. Egged on by Sarah and Lorna (who didn't think I'd do it), I dropped an ice cube down Andrew's back. That's one done. Another 'random' but funny event was Sarah trying to tell me that I can't sit on people's laps. When Lorna turned round I'm sad to say that she did not have a mouthfull of coke. If she did it'd have gone everywhere as I proved Sarah wrong. After the pub we went to Andrew, Steve, Colin and Ed's house for a cup of tea and friendly chat. Here we discussed such diverse things as what should be on today's blog to Briley's name being assumed to be that of a man. We also renamed Colin, Colina. I'd really like everyone to pull together (from the CU) on this one and see if we can make it semi-official. He did throw out a lot of insults and it's the least we could do. Today I've been doing an 'experiment'. From freshers fayre I got several bottles or whatever they're called of lynx facial scrub. For those that haven't seen the adverts (I know a lot of non-British people read this) the advert involves a guy spraying himself with lynx aftershave and girls throwing themselves at him. I decided to see if this theory was correct. I feel that I did okay today, I was talked to by ladies and I didn't recieve too many dirty looks. I feel that I would have done better if I'd noticed that it was a facial scrub BEFORE about 2300 today. It's currently almsot 0200 on the day after this blog and I'm going to bed. Night night.

Random fact of the day For some strange reason Lizzy wanted me to put her 'method' of queuing for the bar onto the blog. According to her, the bar is long for a reason, it's so you don't need to queue. Unfortunatly she was leaving so I couldn't get very much information out of her.

6 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

Trees of both sexes enjoy a hug, alhough they don't have laps.

Anonymous said...

i soooo didnt encourage you to put ice down Andy's back...!!

Teifion said...

I've no idea where the idea of trees hugging came from Brett.

Sarah, you did egg me on, at least, that's what I remember.

Brett Jordan said...

http://mwillett.org/Politics/treehuggers.htm will give you some ideas, and graphic demonstrations!

Teifion said...

I'm finding it hard to take it seriously. Though Race Walking is an Olympic sport...

Anonymous said...

I didnttttttttttttt!! u must b thinking of something else!! I had no idea u were even thinking about putting ice on someone until u came back laughing about it..!!