The blog has now moved!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Knackered - Sunday

I got up in time to walk to church. I then got a phone call at about 0950. Hello this is Teifion speaking, how can I help yoy? Errr, Ti... I won't be able to make it this morning... Brierley, get up, get washed, get dressed and phone in 10 minutes when you're read Okay... 12 minutes later Brierley was ready. I was most impressed with her. However, it got better, without realising I walked at my usual fast pace, unkown to me, Brierley had gone to bed about 7 hours before this. When I realised my pace of walking and how tired Brierley was I was very impressed. Because Johnathan was on Holiday Nick Roberts (I think that's his surname) was taking the service. It was aimed at saying how to preach the gospel and also that if you were not a christian yet there (I think I was the only one, but you never know) why you should be one. It didn't bring me any new information but it was nice that the service was aimed like that. After the service I walked back with Lawrence and Brierley. Lawrence and myself both walked a little too fast for Brierley so she was rather worn out. I had a nice brunch with Jack and Brierley, then went and cleared up some loose ends on WoA. Today was CU football practice, we've got a match week saturday. The practise told me a lot. 1 - I'm rather unfit 2 - I need to get used to running and such in the cold for more than 15 minutes 3 - I'm a very violent footballer (hey, my shin was there before his knee, it's not like I aimed at him...) 4 - I'm very good tackler if they're a little worn out, I'm agile and fast. All we need to do is put me on after about 30 minutes and I'll be rather useful I got back and decided that I would go to the evening service. I started walking then Sarah and Lorna drove past and gave me a lift. The service was not overly amazing and I couldn't pull a message out of it except that sin is very important. After getting back I spent some time helping to fix Brierley's internet connection (it was slightly more complicated than just pulling the wire out and pushing it in again). After that, well, I'm tired so I just went straight to bed. I've got one lecture tomorrow so that'll be quite good. I'm going to be making a sort of announcement at the start of said lecture about a Board of Studies meeting.

Tip for dealing with ladies #5 Lawrence delivered it today. It's a little shortened as it's a long tip. Don't think of her as a lad, don't call her anything like that. Trying to get her to come to anything remotly like a 'lads night' is a very bad idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

arrogance is excellence, don't you think ti?!

Anonymous said...

you know at times, your an arrogant .......

Anonymous said...

like in the b122 lecture today. asking questions is more than ok if you are confused, but trying to point out flaws in the lecturers explanations is another thing

Anonymous said...

exactly

Teifion said...

Arrogance isn't a good thing, but sometimes you have to take a hard line, some people need to get over the fact that they are not always right, like so.

If I think the lecturer made a mistake I'm going to say so. Otherwise I'll be confused about the answer, if you don't like it, tough cookies.

Unknown said...

4 - I'm very good tackler if they're a little worn out, I'm agile and fast. All we need to do is put me on after about 30 minutes and I'll be rather useful

Funniest thing I've heard all day.