The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Odummo away! - Thursday

The 0900 lab wasn't overly taxing so I'll ignore that. Of interest is that I've been calling a guy John, when all this time his name is Richard. Well, Richard, you shouldn't have acknowledged me when I said "Hi John". Lunch was nice, I had a tuna sandwich and did a some WoA stuff as usual. I could have stayed in my nice, quiet and comfy room, but instead I left to turn up to a C practical. This paid off as my C programming group now know exactly what we're doing and have it all planned out. I'm expecting to complete my part rather fast as I've already done it once in REALBasic, just need to port it. After writing I'm going to see if we can get extra marks for putting in a Neural Network. You never know :) This afternoon was Christianity Explored. I figured that I'd go there this night as I didn't know that many people from Alpha and I wouldn't know what CE was like until I tried it. It was okay, I knew the people better and it's easier to talk to them so I'll probably go next week.

Giving stuff up for Lent? Apparently, for lent I'm meant to give something up. I think that's a load of old tosh and so I'll be ignoring it. If I want to give something up I won't wait until lent to do so...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, Ti, you don't have to wait until lent - its sort of here and already started

Teifion said...

Oh dear, looks like I've missed the only oppertunity to give stuff up, back to the cheap coke it is...

Anonymous said...

man you sorta miss the point of lent. Easter - the ressurection of jesus you celeberate cz you get choclate. Christmas birth of jesus you celebrate becz you get rpesents. When it comes to lent were we give up something for 40 days it is to mark when Jesus did it. Seems to me its only hogwash if it doesnt end in material benefits. sad

Anonymous said...

The idea of giving something up for lent is kinda corrupted these days.

It is to do with Jesus having done it, but they the why is more important.

Christians should give up something they find takes up a lot of time in their life, or something which is a DISTRACTION from God, to allow them to concentrate on the most important day of the Christian calender- Easter (without christmas is fairly pointless, but IO'm sure that'll come up in services leading up to Easter Sunday)and its implications...

...Namely Grace from sin, Victory over Death and Sinless sacrifice. Let's face it without the death and ressurrection, there is no power behind Christianity

Easter ain't about the chocolate. I apologise for the lateness of this post, but i don't check to blog everyday.

Flo.xx

Anonymous said...

why do you bother going to christian union? you're not christian and you obviously don't respect it at all cos you're mocking it, talk about missing the point

Anonymous said...

why do you bother going to christian union? you're not christian and you obviously don't respect it at all cos you're mocking it, talk about missing the point