The blog has now moved!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

How to Win Friends - Saturday

Today was results as usual, only we started a little later than usual and finnished early. Anyway, onto today's topic. How to Win Friends and Influence People (HWFIP for short) is a very good book and I'm going to list the three main points that I am trying to adhere to in an effort to have lots of friends. 1 - Don't belittle or insult 2 - Make them feel important 3 - Keep in your own mind that they are important Now, those that know me will know that I do not keep to those 3 as well as I could, but nobody is perfect so I'm going to have a way to go yet. However, today's ponder is, what things would you put into a book about making friends with people? No random item today, too tired.

3 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

1 - Don't belittle or insult
2 - Make them feel important
3 - Keep in your own mind that they are important

those are all really good maxims... as long as there is still room for irony, sarcasm and playful put-downs... i guess it all depends on the people you're talking to... i've met too many people who think that following those three rules means that being smarmy and artificially positive about everything is what 'being a nice person' is all about.

no. 3 is the most important one... there's an old saying that goes something like 'you can tell what type of person someone is by how they treat people who they know are never, ever going to be able to hurt or benefit them in any way'... that's a good general rule for everyone

Anonymous said...

rofl you need a book to tell you how to make friends? christ man, get out more!

Teifion said...

There's always room for sarcasm :)

I get out a lot more than I used to. I used to be a self centered person. Lucky I've changed a lot.