The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No more Neural Network! - Tuesday

After a good four or so hours sleep I got up and managed to get into Uni on the 0830 bus. The maths wasn't too bad and I understood it all so didn't stay for the second hour (only turn up if you've got a problem). I got 6 marks for the last test, that's not as good as I'd have liked so I'm really going to try a lot harder for this one and revise a little each night. It appears that the C project will not require an AI. Therefore I will have to do it as an extra curricular thingamie. With an luck the team I'm a part of will be able to get everything working nice and quickly. I was even more devastated when Chi didn't let any of us play him at Reversi. Lunch was quite nice, I walked around talking to Peter. After lunch was the B122 lecture (digital clock thing). Bransilav teaches C for microprocessors, it wasn't very hard for me to follow. Afternoon maths was a continuation of the morning one and basically reinforced what I already knew which is good. We've got 3 weeks until this test, with a bit of work I can get over 10. The real joy? Gareth managed to crash his nice, several GHz computer running microsoft word in the B122 lecture. I was right behind him so that can't of helped. He spent about 5 minutes trying to fix it before giving up and shutting it down. In the meantime, the 5 year old, 400mhz Mac behind him was proving it's worth with an uptime of 33 and a half days. The B102 lecture was very very boring, the guy has stopped teaching the syllabus and moved onto reading from his book. It's a pity because the first lecture he did was so good. Dinner wasn't overly amazing, except for the blizzard. We actually had a very thin layer of snow settle! The evening was taken up with WoA stuff and also preparing for the Board of Studies meeting tomorrow. I was hoping that I'd get a little more feedback from the students, instead I've got 6 or so people acutally post something on the departmental forum and some come and talk to me in person. Looks like I'll have to pick my words carefully, don't want to lie, yet don't want the suggestions of the students to be ignored.

Cookies Apparently at the last meeting (I missed it because my Mum and Dad were down) there were no cookies and no cups of tea. I'm going to be taking measures, namely, buying a pack or two of cookies from Tesco and bringing my water bottle. If there are no cookies then I get seen as a prepared person (who shares cookies) and if there are cookies there, I have more than anyone else. It's a win-win situation :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unpredictable micro$oft buggy software at its best. No one wants to know about your fisher price toy! I did however revert to linux so :p

Unknown said...

You and your cookies.... *sigh*

Teifion said...

I did however revert to linux
I'd of mentioned it, but it wasn't so funny ;)

Anonymous said...

n00b

Teifion said...

says the guy that crashed his computer in unde 15 minutes...