The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It works! - Monday

I got up at the lovely and late time of half ten. Got a bowl of ceral, did the standard WoA stuff and got the bus in for my lecture. There is a Board of Studies meeting on Wednessday, so as to get the students feedback on something I gave a quick talk. Most of them were sensible about it. One guy called Howard (he reads the blog, those four comments yesterday were probably all his) tried heckling me. I can't remember what I said but after it he stopped, must have been quite snappy... The rest of the group were somewhat more inteligent and presented some opinions, if they'll actually post on the ECE forum what those opinions are. If nobody posts much I won't be doing anything about it. Apathetic students get apathetic reps. The lecture itself was quite interesting. Toward the end the lecturer said that something was different. Having not correctly understood him I asked why and said that I disagreed. He proved me wrong and Howard decided that it'd be a funny idea to laugh at me, for some reason he can't take being patronised. Meh... I went to Tesco, got cookies, bread and washing up tablets (no, they're not for offering around). Got the bus back, did some more WoA stuff, made some jam sandwiches, ate dinner and got the bus in. I waited for a little while for Sarah to arrive. Tonight it was Sam Wiles and myself doing the sound, Sarah had very kindly volunteered/agreed to use her car to transport the sound stuff (I made the sandwiches because she was missing dinner to do this). Taking less time than I thought we got the stuff to the Union and started setting it up. Normally the night starts at 1900. 1920 and we had managed to actually get it working and it all worked (sort of). Packing up was much easier, though I'm aching from carying all the heavy stuff. I'd also brought along some crusts. About a week ago, something possessed Lizzie to sprout, then support the fact that eating crusts makes you grow a beard. So far, afting eating a lot of crusts I've no more beard, maybe it'll take a little more time... Joe and myself played chess against Emma and Dan. As Dan so well put it, Joe's cool headedness counteracted my rashness and we trounced them. It was a good game and the best part in my opinion was teaching Joe and Emma how to play the game. Now, it's late, I've had one reply to my post.

Acting confident In my opinion, it's half of any psychological battle or contest. When I do anything I try to think about why I'm doing it. If I don't know, I generally stop doing it. That's probably why I always walk around with a smile, I'm always doing what I should be.

3 comments:

Brett Jordan said...

For

'I'm always doing what I should be'

substitute

'I'm always doing what I THINK I should be'.

your ever-luvin' uncle brett

Anonymous said...

I'd love to say i knew why my beard grew like it does to pass on such knowledge to you, but unfortunately i don't.

I don't suppose you know how to prevent such growth do you?

Cheers again for the cookie

You'd be amazed at what you can get away with through a confident smile

Flo.x

Teifion said...

'I'm always doing what I should be' Correct, I am

'I'm always doing what I THINK I should be'. Also correct

Your ever-luvin nephew Teifion :P

Stopping a beard from growing is a long and arduous proccess. Firstly you must take 15 and a half snakes. Now, get 4 green apples, picked on the 1st of the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 1st months.

Now ignore what I just said because it's a load of rubbish. I have no idea of how to stunt beard growth sorry.