The blog has now moved!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm a Tour Guide - Thursday

0300, drunks, loud voices. Need I say more? After actually getting woken up by my music at about 0710 I laid in bed until I had to get up or not get the bus. Hassan's lab was as usual, interesting. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I know that David and myself managed to figure out how the some rather basic components work. I left the lab an hour early (I think David managed without me, he's better at this project than me) and started getting paid. I spent two hours sitting down next to Lisa and sometimes a guy called Ben. After that I helped lead around the guests and generally not actually need to put in any effort. However, upon getting back from the lab tour I was forced to actually think. Dr Nick Savage is a lecturer, he's also very smart and the conversation with him was most stimulating. A lecturer called Borris also arrived, he's pretty amusing and was telling me not to talk so much if I wanted a girlfriend. I'm planning to turn up to his lectures (even though he doesn't teach me) and ask him the hardest questions I can think of (he said I should). After the last of the visitors had left I shoveled all the biscuits, tea, sugar and whotnot into a bag. Here is the resultant mass of what I'm going to call 'free goodies'. Those that can recall the last open day I helped at will probably also remember that one Nick Savage took loads of stuff, well, I beat him to it this time. Nick also took down the location of this blog and will no doubt be most amused by it. After we'd all packed up I realised that there was no bus at 1600 (though I did check to make sure) and so walked back. I wish I'd timed it (and run a bit more). I also realised that half of you probably don't have a clue what I look like. I had the camera out and decided to take a picture of myself. Here is that picture. Those that knew me a while ago will (hopefully) be pleased to note that the spots seem to be going. Dinner was not as impressive as usual, though Marissa very kindly said I could have her ice bun or whatever the thing was if, I got her two apples. That's one of the easiest "second pudding's" I've had in a while. I didn't even have to go up and ask for a second one. After dinner I chatted to some people over MSN and wrote an intro page to the blog over several hours. I also found that I know the names of a LOT of people. With regards to the cookie situation, I have enough cookies to last me a while, though Nick and Borris suggested that the Bus Stop is the wrong place to look for a girlfriend, they forget that I'm looking for people based on what they think of me, not what they look like. As such I think that people that consider the offering of cookies to be nice will probably be a better friend.

Item of the Day Yes, annoying sound is now gone, it was getting a bit pathetic. As such I'm now going to provide at least one intersting and/or random fact each day. Today's one is from Nick Savage and is something he noticed in my speech. I said "I shall". It's antiquated, but is actually correct grammar. It is incorrect to say "I will". "We" is the other way around, it's correct grammar to say "We Will". Have any of you noticed me always saying it like this or was it just a bit of luck that I said "I shall" rather than "I will"?

4 comments:

Major Look said...

On the link from the blog, I went to your WOARL page. On that page, there was a challenge to look at the source code of the page and tell you which email address it referred to. The answer is:

& # 115 ; & # 97 ;& # 114 ; & # 107 ; & # 97 ; & # 108 etc

I had to take out the HTML tags and put in spaces, else the blog engine reads the HTML back into the display format :-)

I claim my prize

Mum said...

well at least you will be ok for afternoon tea for a while.

all your visitors can expect tea and biscuits now

Teifion said...

There is no prize, it's just me trying to put one over on people that think I'm stupid enough to give out my email address in plaintext.

Anonymous said...

Ti, this girlfriend thing is getting slightly scary now! i enjoy(ed) being single - its not the worst thing in the world and you can have loads more fun that way. My new advice is stop searching, a girl will find you one day and enjoy being with your friends. Lorna xx