The blog has now moved!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Apparently I'm not THAT ugly (A pretty lady said so) - Friday

I got up at 1000, nice and late. I savoured the warm cosey feeling of a thick duvae twice as wide as my bed, large enough to wrap up several people in. Mmmmmm. I got up, spoke to some people and decided it was worth going to my lecture. It was only an hour long, but I had three reasons for it. 1 - Tawfik may give out some exam clues (every mark counts) 2 - I wanted to get the exact exam timetable 3 - I may meet a nice lady on the bus Well, as it turned out it was only worth going in for #2. Tawfik taught us about something that we didn't need to know till next semester. #3 also didn't got to plan, I even had two packs of ginger cookies, one opened. The plan here was that I could say I didn't like them and would they like them (thus making me seem less like a weirdo, more like a friendly person). Aaron and I found someone going into the langstone laundrette so I offered her the cookies and she accepted. All I got out of her was her name (Laura). I must say that I'm disheartened (but only slightly) at my success this week. Still, Monday is a whole new week and I always try to be contagiously optimistic. I've been thinking a little about what Nick said, that trying to find a girl at the bus stop may be a bad idea because they don't go there looking for a guy (unless they're like me, but we all know that I'm an individual). As I don't go out getting drunk, in fact I have very little time for that sort of rubbish at all, I will have to improve my tequnique. I clearly need to read "How to win friends and Influence People" more often. My current objective is to read it in spare minutes. Another thing I've found out (after asking some people) is that the blog is funnier when it relates to them in some way, that's not the exact wording used, but when basic psychological principles are applied, that's what they mean. I think it also helps for it to be different each day and suchlike. As such I'm going to try my best to make it so, just because I can't get a Girlfriend doesn't mean I can't write an interesting blog. Dinner was excellent, I enjoyed the fish and chips immensly. After dinner I did some random stuff, I can't remmeber what but I hope it was semi-productive. At about 1900 ish I started collecting the WoA results. I finnished the results at 0030, and the Custodians still have to decide things like the wars.

Item of the day Where that title came from. I did have my face (horrible as most of you may think it is) as my MSN avatar. I took it down and put up another pic and then later, talked to someone. They paid me the above compliment (I didn't in any way even suggest anything). Here's the key part of the conversation, it made my day. Her: wheres ur piture gone? Her: lol Her: put it bac up Me: okay *puts face back up* Me: better? Me: :) Her: much better lol As such it's staying as my MSN pic and I'm smiling, despite being tired, exhausted and probably on my way to dying after actually eating fruit (it was half a bannana).
Note: Apparently the older posts are now being replaced by new ones, but are the old posts really that interesting?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must say i'm rather insulted... your post states that u didnt meet any nice ladys on the bus.... WOT ABOUT ME?!??!?! lol!sob sob sob

Major Look said...

When you say you ate half a banana, does that mean you only ate the skin?

You may need to read a book about eating fruit - the right way.

Teifion said...

I am very sorry Sarah. I meant that I didn't meet any nice NEW girls. We all know you're a nice person, but you didn't talk to me much so it wasn't blog worthy material.

Also, placing LOL at the end, near the end of or anywhere inside your statement does not make it funny.

I ate the top half of the part of the bananna that you normally eat. If I need any tips as to how to eat fruit, I'll ask :P

Mum said...

I hope you removed the peel first - it is a long time since you ate any fruit. :)

perhaps we should offer a prize to the person who persuades Teifion to eat vegetables

Teifion said...

I eat chips, don't that count?

If someone manages to give me a very good reason why I should eat vegies, and I do, I'll say who it is.

Anonymous said...

christ. you're not gonna pick up ladies by offering them cookies on the bus or by offering to carry bags for them at tesco. thats just stalkerish.

Teifion said...

you're not gonna pick up ladies by offering them cookies on the bus or by offering to carry bags for them at tesco. thats just stalkerish.

not really, I'm a gentleman. I tihnk that trying to get ladies drunk so you can sleep with them is stalkerish.

Anonymous said...

I also feel your not going to find a "girlfriend" by offering random strangers cookies. Maybe try and carry out a full conversation with someone, whether it's on msn, in person, via text, or anything.

Random Person.

Anonymous said...

not really, I'm a gentleman. I tihnk that trying to get ladies drunk so you can sleep with them is stalkerish.


i didnt imply that. But thats not the best way to get a girlfriend either.

Teifion said...

I also feel your not going to find a "girlfriend" by offering random strangers cookies. Maybe try and carry out a full conversation with someone, whether it's on msn, in person, via text, or anything.
I have to get their MSN address first. Heck, I've gotta get them talking. And that is what the cookies and bus stop stuff is for