The blog has now moved!

Monday, January 16, 2006

The day gets better and better - Sunday

I got up an hour earlier than I needed to. This was not a problem for me, I'm tough. Myself, Lorna, Briley and Sarah (notice how I randomly scramble the order of the names around each time). Sarah drove us there, oh and Lawrence came too, he had a good christmas. For those just joining us, I do go to church but am not actually a christian. After the service I got some cups of tea for the girls and lots of biscuits (along with a mug full of sugar and some tea for myself) and chatted for a bit then we all went back. I sat in the refectory and as usual on Sundays, got a free dinner. Anton has a theory that since I weight so little they think I need fattening up. Also for those just joining us, Anton is a translator and keeps telling me how to run my love life. I have no problem with this as I'm no expert and he's very funny. After the free lunch I started work on some WoA stuff. In retrospect this was a bad idea as it's 0030 on Monday and I'm still doing CW. I must however admit that I did enjoy talking to several people over MSN. Anton, two Siän's, Aaron (he's in the same boat as me) and random WoA players (all of who were very understanding about me being stressed yesterday). I also introduced Anton to the Siän that's in the CU. I told him very specifically NOT to scare her and spent some time convincing her that he is indeed, harmless. One of the first things he says, "What do you think of Teifion?". I think we all know what he was going to do next... In an attempt to look better (I weigh as much as Anton's rather short wife) I've started doing push-ups and situps. Anton suggested timing them by typing on the keyboard with my nose so that one dip would hit some keys and the next would hit the return key. Lesson of the day, I need to learn to type more interesting messages with my nose... I've recorded a sound from the Ian Lee podcast here and intend to play it to anybody I find boring (or just link them to it). I also converted the sound from Madagascar christmas carol to MP3 and played it a lot, it's very very funny. As for the Ian Lee sound, I've already used it to good effect. Jack came up to my room and knocked on the door, hid and then did it again. I locked the floor door so he couldn't do it again and began phoning and hanging up on him. He unplugged his phone after the third time. I gave it 10 minutes and phoned again, but didn't hang up. I just said nothing. He hung up after about a minute. I did it again but this time, I played the Ian Lee sound and told him it'd be worse if he did it again. Guess what, he didn't. Aaron and I are very tired, we even tried selotaping phones to our heads so that we could talk and work. It didn't work. Ultimatly I can see that I'll be up late monday too, I just know it (CU meeting on monday). Note: Aaron just stapled his finger, I couldn't stop laughing at him. Wish me luck for talking to ladies tomorrow (so far nobody has said anything against it, you either hope I do well or want to laugh at me. That means it's a win win for me).

Sound that's out of sync The Madagascar .avi didn't play well on my 5 year old laptop, so I spent about 5 hours converting it to a .mov which is larger but faster. Bad news, there is a 2 second out of sync soundtrack. Annoyance Factor - 10 Weirdness Factor - 10 Volume Factor - 5 Ease of Creation - 0 Average - 6.25

3 comments:

Major Look said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Major Look said...

Are you using VLC for the AVI playing - also there is MPlayer? Both seem better at handling AVI's than Apples Quicktime player.

VLC:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14738

MPlayer:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16623

or:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html

Worth a try on that poor 'old' G4 15" that just seems to keep on working.

Teifion said...

I'll try those, thanks for the suggestion.