The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

WoA gets stood on it's head (sort of) - Saturday - 29th of October

I managed to get up at 0800 today, yeah, you should be impressed. Especially when you hear that I managed to get to sleep at about 0100, a whole 7 hours sleep. It's come to my attention that some people are surprised that I sleep so much, well, I don't. It takes me a long time to get to sleep, regardless of the conditions (one exception but that's a story for another day). This means that I am tired, then factor in that I do a lot of looking at a computer screen and you'll realise that my eyes get tired too, not just my brain. Now factor in all the physical exercise I do and you'll see why I like napping (plus it's a great way to put things off till later). Anyway, back to today's happenings. I went down to the refectory and sat down, the staff there weren't the ones I knew so I didn't think it'd be a good idea to ask for free drinks, last time I did that to a group (maybe the same ones) that I didn't know they got slightly annoyed. I sat down there for a few hours and made a start on the WoA results, when we had all the orders collected we (Me and the two Custodians) found that GTalk doesn't have group conversations, this meant I went back to my room to use my modem and MSN. The reason that I say that WoA was stood on it's head (sort of) is because the most powerful team's got beaten to a pulp and there were lots of plans backfiring everywhere. After the results I cycled to Tescos, I needed some more cereal and bread, while there I also splashed out 17p on some coke. After getting back and enjoying a bowl of Crunchy Nut corn flakes I went down to the refectory and sat down and used the wireless. While doing so I drank a litre of coke. I'm not sure how much that is in pints but a pint in the bar is £1.20. This means that I am missing out on social company and music, but gaining wireless and cheap coke (which tastes better too). Wait a moment, social company in the bar means smoke and football, hmmmm, and music means stuff I don't like, while on the laptop I get to choose exactly what I want. Hey, it's really not that bad at all....

Lesson of the Day - The best place in the bar, is just outside it

2 comments:

Major Look said...

Hi T. Don't listen to Auntie Laura - Have a big lovely hug from me. (0) (0) (that's two hugs)

Teifion said...

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you all again, I'll make sure to not have too much coke.