The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Uggh, I don't wanna get up.... - Tuesday - 25th of October

My alarm went off at 0700, my first lecture (Internet Applications) was at 0900, I managed to lie in until 0800, take my time getting up, have breakfast and cycle to the lecture without getting a stitch (that's how cool I am ;). The lecture involved me trying to stay awake (I got to sleep well after 0000 that morning), I managed to stay awake. After that I had Engineering Analysis. In Portsmouth it does not rain nearly as much as Wales. My bike was 15m from shelter, and it was raining a LOT, I was almost drenched by the time I got the padlock off it and started moving, I was almost dripping during my lecture.... After that lecture it wasn't raining, but I didn't care, there was a massive wind blowing towards Langstone (there always is) and so I zoomed back to halls and grabbed lunch. Struggled on the way back and brought a power extension (lots of sockets on it). Ben and myself tried networking during Cripps' lecture (he teaches Networking so was okay with it), Ben's computer was of course unable to do anything 'social' so we never managed it. After Cripps' lecture I zoomed back to halls (again). Sat down and did something or other, I think it was some cutting and saving of webcomics. At 1700 the refectory opened and I got in there, I was famished. I learnt the names of several staff and chatted to them a little, again, the food was excellent. Tom thinks I'm going to put on weight by the end of the year. I certainly hope so, I keep cycling everywhere, I should get some real muscle mass by the end of the year (as opposed to the fake stuff I have now) After dinner I sat down, did something or other, I think it was napping, then cycled into town for the third time today. It's amazing how cold it is at 1800, I needed gloves, and yes, I had my bright bright lights on. I got some Milk and a 2 litre bottle of Coke from Tesco, the coke being the cheaper item.... After that I came back to halls (surprise surprise) and listened to Hard Fi, they are an excellent band. At some point (maybe just before/after napping) I did some stuff to the blog in terms of appearance.

Lesson of the Day - There is NO safe way to open a 2L bottle of coke that's been in a backpack for the last 3ish miles

0 comments: