The blog has now moved!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sailing - Sunday - 23rd of October

I got up at eight, the CU church crawl starts at 10 and I needed to get some fizzy drinks for the boat trip. It turns out that shops can't sell stuff before 10 on a sunday, so I was a little late. Thank goodness for a bike, I could have sworn those pedestrians walked in my way on purpose.... (and don't even get me started on the pigeons) I went to Kings church, simply so I could find out where Dan's boat was. Kings church was very friendly and nice, but I'm not as keen on it as Easterly Evangelical. After the service I had to pedal rather hard to keep up with Dan, his bike is lighter than any other and I've only just gotten back into cycling. Still, he only really overtook me on the 500m straight at the end (but it was by a lot). The sailing itself was great fun, sadly the other people were not that talkative and so I didn't actually make any real new friends. I was the only one brave enough to climb the mast while in roughish water, and on the way down was almost knocked off when Will (Dan's co-captain) hit a massive wave, though he claimed it wasn't his fault *grumble grumble*. After getting back I sat down outside the refectory and downloaded more webcomics, I have them set to change my desktop every 15 minutes, though I'll probably change it to 10 when I get lots more. As a side note, I was the only person other than Dan to get anything for the boat trip, I spent a massive 37p on two 2L bottles of Coke and Lemonade. For dinner I had some fried egg + gammon + toast. I enjoyed it immensely. Also, for anybody that knows me, feel free to leave comments, Anton and James have started, I love feedback, if you think I made a mistake, tell me.

Lesson of the Day - Climbing a mast is easy, I've done it several times now (Tall ship voyage two years ago)

2 comments:

Major Look said...

OK - is it me?

Your blog is starting to appear twice - and there are now four lots of Saturday. Two on the 22nd and two on the 23rd. And then worst of all, Sunday has dissapeared!! But you went to church on Saturday 23rd.

Maybe it is me - maybe only Wales has Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd?

Oh no, the men in the white coats are here.... aaaargh!

Teifion said...

Recently the blog has asked me to re-publish it, that by why, I will see what I can do to sort it out.