The blog has now moved!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Overall, better than I expected - Thursday - 27th of October

I managed to get to the 0900 lab on time, despite being very tired. The lab involved messing around with a circuit board and writing (read copy from a sheet) some computer code. It was in all rather easy, minus the fact that I and my partner had a dud board. After the lab I cycled back, napped, did some web design, ate lunch and cycled back in. My afternoon lecture was with Hassan (who also took the lab) was quite good, I actually had to think about the questions he posed us and he made a lot of jokes. After getting back I washed and showered, then, it was washing time. I washed my clothes and then dried them, the driers on the other end of the campus are MUCH more powerful, I'll be using them next time too. After I finished the washing I grabbed some lunch, Briley and Launa were already there so myself and Garath (on a course very similar to mine) sat with them. We chatted for so long that I managed to drink 3 whole cups of Hot Chocolate, after that Launa and Briley stood outside chatting for so long that I finished the third one with lots of time to spare. After that I napped, web designed, blogged, revised for a maths test and then slept, I start at 1300 tomorrow, there's a 1.5 hour break between that lecture and the test which I'll revise in some more.

Lesson of the Day - Before putting money in a dryer, check it's your dryer (I lost 20p today)

5 comments:

Mum said...

napping, sitting around drinking hot chocolate and chatting ...... it is such a hard life for you students!

Major Look said...

Wow - sounds like a hard life, hang on in there T.

I'm just glad I don't have to get up early and drive for an hour and a half, then do a days work, and then drive all the way back home again.... Hang on a minute, I do....

oh nuts :-(

Teifion said...

Yeah, but do you have math tests on things like Polynomials? Partial Fractions? Transposing Formulae?

Well, I do and can assure you that it is not all that easy.

Major Look said...

Well I did myself a packed lunch and wrapped it in Polythene. Is that the same sort of thing, or is it the plural of a Testimonial?

Also, as far as I know, there is no such thing as a partial fraction - I mean are we talking about a fraction of a fraction, because if we are, the answer is another fraction. I mean if I take half of a half it equals a quarter.

As for transposing formulae, how hard is it to move what was at the front round to the back of an equation.

I see what they mean by universities dumbing down... ;-)

Teifion said...

I'm a student, we're expected to sleep, drink and turn up late. Currently I'm on 1 out of 3.