The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Online at last - Friday - 7th of October

After a whole 6 hours of sleep I awoke strangely fresh. I had a lie in just to be safe, I grabbed some noodles, washed and went to the University. Sometime during the night I had managed to get some form of minor groin sprain. The result of this was that any time my left leg was not pointing away from the rest of my body I was in a good bit of pain, when it was pointing away I was just a little hurt. Still, I can take tough stuff, I was on Britain's Toughest Family last year. The minibus arrived before the normal one so I got on that, you'd be amazed at how much more the bumps in the road become noticable when each one of them sends a jolt of pain through you. After arriving at the city center I checked the net quickly, it appeared that several days ago I had infact done everything correctly for connecting, ah well, I'd have another go later. We attended a lecture about student support, afterwards myself, Steven and Gabriel went and got our Unix accounts, then we popped off to the library, Steven and Gabriel burdened themselves with several kilos of books, I just got two smallish books on web design, prepare to see this page later without tables. After returning to my room, I sat down in my chair and found out that the one single little thing that I missed out was that modems have to dial, I had never told it to dial, I felt so stupid.... Stupidity became annoyance as I re-dsicovered how slow a 40k modem is, yes, we have a 40 not a 56 modem, at least the World of Arl forum is usable on a 40k, my long list of webcommics however is not, It took over half an hour for the phwcomics to load properly, I simply did some typing while they loaded in the background. My floor-mates were going out bowling, there was also a Christian Union BBQ. However I could attend neither as my cold was still being a complete pain, an hour of finishing off the basic game-play of the Othello game and I took an early night.

Lesson of the Day - If you have a cold and are getting a sore nose from all the nose blowing, blow your nose over a bathroom sink then use water to wash yourself

0 comments: