The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

My First Full Day - Wednesday 5th of October

I woke up at 0700 thanks to my old old clock alarm. My day starts at 0900 and finishes at 1800, yes, 9 till 6. I now no longer have a runny nose and a bad tummy, now I have a small cough. Rather than chance it I am going to take a coat and ditch the shorts for the day, it was a hard choice but I managed it. The day included a talk about the lab, then a two hour lab session. I was paired with Mark. Mark is in my course, smart and like minded. We completed the lab session in 45 minutes and went to the freshers fayre, getting on the way some nice baguettes. At the fayre his 'like mindedness' showed itself and we left with not one box each, but four. Working as a team we collected a total of eight boxes and then packed the contents into two boxes. After a talk about learning a foreign language I decided to drop my two large and cumbersome boxes home. I snatched two cookies and left on the bus. The 'Departmental Office + Health and Safety' talk was actually very interesting. The first lady talked to us about how we had to hand in our papers on time, she was a jovial sort of person which meant it was not as bad, plus some of the things she said were actually important. The Health and Safety talk by Dan was excellent, it was over in five seconds flat and there was a laugh to be had on every other sentence. After the talk I walked to the Universityon Bus stop, on the way there noting that the bus I was catching was driving past me, ah well, there'll be one soon, and there was. After getting home I watched some scrubs and did some blogging until dinner time. After dinner myself, Dan, Duane and Sam went down the bar. we stayed there for a little while but returned shortly, Dan went to the Universityon, I got an early night.

Lesson of the Day - Busses have really dry air, despite that fact that you feel that you are nodding off, it is just your eyes, they'll be fine when the bus stops

0 comments: