The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

I was woken by my mobile phone going off, at first I thought it was my radio alarm as I had set it the night before, I flicked the radio alarm off and still the noise kept coming, very very loudly. I figured that the radio alarm was broken so unplugged it from the wall and struggled to remove the battery. The phone coincidentally stopped ringing when I pulled out the battery. My Dad was the caller and phoned my room phone, this I managed to answer, after my Dad called my Mum called. After a quick chat with her I washed and had some noodles (from the Freshers Fayre yesterday) for breakfast. I went into the center of town and attended a talk on Networks, specifically about the fact that we computer students get to use a Unix system alongside the crappy windowz one.
I went to Freshers Fayre, this time to sign up for clubs, there were no people from Taste Europe there with the boxes this time, I joined the Sailing club, the Club of the Gamer and the Christian Universityon. After that I returned a book to the library, spent some time looking to see what else interested me in the Computing section, then, finding nothing, went to the bus stop. Once again I had missed the bus, this time by a margin of 2-3 minutes, still, there was a lady there called Alyx or Alex, she never told me how to spell her name. She was not the most outgoing of people but was friendly all the same, we were collected by one of the minibuses run by the University and had a little chat on the way home. I found her to be as talkative as my good friend Edward Harry from wales (now in Warrick). After grilling her for information in an attempt to 'make converstation' we got off the bus. After dumping my bag in my room I collected my mail, many thanks to my immediate family, Uncle Brett, Auntie Margaret. and to Abbey my roomate for the note on my door wishing me a happy birthday. But that was not all, the rest of the floor held a small mini surprise party for me, it was very kind of them. Having a little free time I decided to look at something we'd be doing for our project this year. Apologies to the Lecturer if you ever read this, but I cannot currently remember your name. We were told that we hadd to make an Othello game complete with AI, after a couple of hours of messing around I had before me a complete Othello game (though I think it has too many squares) for Human vs Human, I plan to get some basic AI in place before monday and then tell the Lecturer that I have a draft copy that I'd love some feedback on ;) That night I found that I don't like that taste of Portsmouth Snakebite, it's a local drink that contains blackcurrent juice, larger, cider and some other stuff. After drinking a little of it and some VK Orange I found that I was feeling very sick so got a bus home rather than pub crawl. That however wasn't the best of it, I was up until 1 in the morning the next day coughing my guts out, though I was thankfully not sick.
Lesson of the Day - University libraries tend to be massive, the Portsmouth one has several isles for computing alone

0 comments: