The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Arrival - Saturday 1st of October

I got here, collected my basic apartment stuff and found that I was not living in a tall apartment block, but in what appeared to be dingy flats, I was not as pleased as could be. However, upon looking in my room I discovered that it was very nice, clean, large and had a very nice bathroom, not a wet room. Each floor in my flat has 7 people, there are several flats just like mine. Because of the nice large windows some people have taken to placing things on their window. One person has a Scottish flag and a row of beer cans, I have a black placard with the words 'The beatings will continue until morale improves' which was a very nice present from a friend back in wales My Mum, Dad, Sister and myself went out to get a duvae and pillows as they would not fit in the car, we got some good deals. The bedding is very comfortable and the pillows large and fluffy. That night my parents bought me dinner at the 'Old Customs House'. It was delicious, as I could not eat it all I too home half of my chicken in a plastic bag and several sachets of ketchup and mayonnaise, a couple of people that I told laughed at me, but I actually made an extra two meals out of that chicken, which lost none of it's great taste. Upon returning to the village it was very dark, I saw there was a party going on in the bar and so decided that rather than take an early night (In my defense I was tired) I'd go and join in, the first table that I randomly selected to be cursed/blessed by my presence was full, the next table happened to have all my floor mates on it, a lucky coincidence. We had a drink and then took a bus into the main area of Portsmouth to see what the clubs were like, never having been clubbing before I can't give a very good comparison, Duane however was not impressed, the queues were apparently too long, we caught a taxi back whereupon I began to watch two episodes of Scrubs before falling asleep.

Lesson of the day - Always keep your keys on you, otherwise you'll be locked out of your room

1 comments:

Major Look said...

Here are the pictures...

http://homepage.mac.com/garethjordan/PhotoAlbum5.html