The blog has now moved!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Full Account - Friday and Saturday

Friday morning dawned bright and early at 7am for me. I was up and on my way to the Prayer meeting nice and early as usual. It was very good and encouraging to see that numbers during the week had lowered by such a small amount that it being a Friday was unlikely to be the cause (more likely to be 9am lectures). Of course, we went for a nice big breakfast (maybe that's why numbers have been so high...) and had fun with quietly putting ketchup packets in Michael's hood. He tried to throw them back, failing to catch on that he was simply re-arming our table. He did catch on and we got on with eating our breakfast (or the remains of other's in some cases :D). I didn't go to my Haskell lab because I'd already talked to the Lecturer about it yesterday and found that I was quite allowed to do it at home when I wasn't going to be missing a nice breakfast. I attended a Java lab earlier in the day rather than later and then went to Gunwharf with Sam. We went to the Cadburys shop and talked about Sam's placement. Afterwards we went to Greg's (where Sam was staying) and watched some True Lies before going to the Lunch Bar and recorded Michael talking again. I've uplaoded the mp3 versions of him talking to this location. They're about 30mb each. Soon there will be some video clips of him speaking but the quality is much lower (so as to get the size down to something reasonable). Huw came over my house and we played a fair bit of Warcraft 3 then went to Burger King and then onto Bar 38 (we got two meals for the price of one at BK because Huw had a coupon). After the cafe night a group of us went to see Hot Fuzz. I'd seen the trailers and it looked good. I've not seen Shaun of the Dead but I'd like to now. Hot Fuzz is basically an Action Movie where everything is taken too far. Sarah noted that it was rather similar to Monty Python and thinking about it, I agree. It was really good and really funny and I really enjoyed seeing it. Today consisted of a massive lie-in and a day of programming some changes to my Database that Colin suggested in my interview on Thursday.

2 comments:

sparkly shoes said...

if you'd like to borrow shaun of the dead feel free - it's very funny basically doing to the zombie genre what hot fuzz does to the action cop genre.

Emz said...

Shaun of the Dead = awesome film :D Very funny film, plus it was on tv recently too. You'll probably enjoy it.