The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Not Temptation! - Wednesday

I got up and shortly after that, collected India. We then collected Siän and woke Ceryn up. At the time I thought she was just being a little lazy but I now know that her cold is slightly more severe than I thought and realise it was a mistake. Sorry Ceryn. We collected Helen and went on our way to the Prayer Meeting, joining up with Pete, Sarah, Brierley, Becca and Luke on the way. It was a good Prayer Meeting and afterwards I had the tough choice of Java Lecture or English Breakfast. Java Lecture, English Breakfast. So, I went and had a nice breakfast (it also meant I didn't miss the last part of the Prayer Meeting) and had a good time talking about various things. Afterwards myself and Sam went to Anglesea and he spoke to a couple of people and I found that the Student Website thing is starting very soon and that I'll have an email shortly. That's good news. It got better. AMT Data Technologies phoned, they want to interview me. I didn't arrange it then, I sorted it out later today but I'm going for my interview tomorrow (or "today" as you read this in all likelihood). All Prayer is appreciated. Sam needed to get some cards for some birthdays and I needed some food so we walked to Tesco and Card Shops. Sam has been on placement so I've not seen him and it was really nice to catch up with him. However, the winds were so strong that my Umbrella broke. I bought a new one for £5 because I think I will actually use it and this time plan to take more care in higher winds. I'm going to call it Durandal. Sam and myself returned to the Union where I showed off my new computer, we watched some trailers, some True Lies and enjoyed a pint of coke. We tried to do some flyering but Sam is not gifted in that area, anybody he tried to give a flier to moved away as fast as they could. I had some success but the real winner was Siän. Not only could she give out fliers faster than I could hope to, she was also amazingly good at getting people to sit down and do a questionnaire. I filmed the talk and will be uploading it to the net sometime within the coming week. After the talk I walked home, sorted some stuff about my interview out and then began cleaning up my code. I was asked to bring some of my code to the interview and after being told that some paper print-outs would be a good idea, I did some maths. A generic page of code was 12KB in size, it took up 3 pages of paper. Phil the Database is 788KB in size and so equivalent to 65 of these pages or 195 pages of A4 paper. The main site (over 130 actual web pages) is 2600KB in size, otherwise stated as 216 times the size of this other file (some of the pages are pretty long) or 648 pages of paper in length. With that in mind I went through 4 of my files and added in comments, cleaned out unneeded code and generally made it look a bit better. I then printed them out (complete with colour coded syntax) and have them in a plastic sleeve. I also put a copy of the WoA site onto my USB stick (minus the file that contains the Database password) which might come in handy if they would like to see some of my work on their own system. I will of course take my computer but only because it's a good backup and I can show them the code at work on it. After doing this I did some more stuff on the Web Pages (standard pages I'm not planning on showing off, they're a bit standard and nothing special) and then went to bed. Tomorrow I hope to advertise the Lunch Bar in the Software Systems lecture, prayers that I would be confident are welcome (as are any about the Interview but the Lunch Bar thing comes first).

2 comments:

Sammy Davies said...

Congrats on the interview and all the stuff about the armour of God, spot on. Keep on trucking brother.

Major Look said...

All the best for the interview Teifion. I hope they like your shorts.