The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm more awake than you are! - Tuesday

I got up between 0615 and 0630, washed and used the internet. I began the Prayer Crawl at around 0730. First stop would be India's but she was apparently tired, she'd texted me the night before but hasn't texted me tonight so I'll be round there tomorrow at the crack of dawn to see if she's up. Shortly afterwards I was on st Andrews road on the way to Siän and Ceryn's. Michael had only just gotten up and so had to walk alone, he said he likes to walk alone in the mornings so won't be part of tomorrow's crawl. Siän was almost ready but was then offered a lift so accepted it. Helen was in and so the two of us formed the sum total of the crawl on the way there. It was kind of useful that there were just the two of us as it was raining and my umbrella can only cover so many people. Becca and Luke were up and we met them on the way. There were not quite as many people at the Prayer Meeting as yesterday but it was still good, we even had a bigger room. I decided to not go to Salem's lecture (and it turns out that like last week, it was only half an hour long) and instead went to the breakfast thing. After that I went into uni and met with Chris and Gareth (who were not overly glad that they actually went to Salem's lecture) and did some stuff for the Group Project. Several times Michael had suggested we tell entire lectures about the Lunch Bar. You know me, I never have a problem with confidence do I? Well, for once I did. I don't know why but in the last 5 seconds I was simply unable to yell to an entire lecture that there was a Free Lunch and a Free Talk on "Doesn't all Religion lead to war?". In case you don't believe my earlier claim, at the start of a lecture yesterday, myself and Gareth were doing a two-man Mexican wave and laughing about it, whenever Victor (the lecturer) mentioned a mexican wave we did another one. I reckon some people thought we were stupid. I walk around with an Umbrella sheathed across my back like a sword because it's practical, apparently it makes me look weird but I don't care. If I see friends in the street and I want to get their attention, I am quite happy to yell loudly to get their attention, I grab as much free-stuff as possible and I don't hide it either. I listen to Game Background Music and tell people I do. I had a spate last year of offering cookies to people (mostly ladies), I got 24 fairly obvious flowers and tried to give them to a Siän simply because readers of this blog voted her, she didn't want them so I gave them to Ceryn. If you've met me personally, no doubt you can think of more. So, why on Earth would I flinch at doing something that might make me look silly, also, why would I balk at the opportunity to make a LOT of noise in a lecture theater? No doubt you've heard of Christians talking about the Devil, this Satan guy. Well, he does exist and he does try to do stuff. Here are a few of the things that the Bible claims he does. - Dishearten followers of Christ - Blind the hearts and minds of those that do not follow Christ so they cannot see the truth - Help us commit Sin Now, I've never had a great feeling of spirituality. I've never ever felt as though the Devil were crouching at my door. I still don't, which is further proof that my emotions cannot be trusted. Logically this is the only reason I can think of that meant I would not yell about the Lunch Bar. So, how on Earth am I meant to defeat this Devil guy and holler in all the lectures I want? Well, lets suppose you were me, the army equivalent is soldier with a stick, also, that stick is broken. Well, that's a bad start but lets look at the opposition. I think that the Devil would be well represented by a guy in full camo-gear hiding in a forest with a sniper rifle. Yeah, that soldier isn't going to be doing so well all on his own is he? Behold the Armour of God. Yes, I do literally mean the Armour of God, if you don't believe me, it's in the Bible. So, what is the Armour of God? Well, I'd say it's something like a Tank. The Devil can do everything he likes against it but he'll have no effect. In the end, all the Devil can do is run and hide or be crushed. So, how do I put on the Armour of God? You might have noticed that most shops don't sell Tanks or anything called "The Armour of God" (actually, I once saw this site about Armour of God Pajamas, it was atrocious). To get the Armour of God you need to pray. I am a firm believer that Prayer Works and would appreciate anybody praying for me. You don't even have to be a Christian to Pray, Prayer is simply you talking to God. I believe that with enough prayer, I can stand up in one of my lectures and tell people about the Lunch Bar. Looking at my timetable I see that the Software Systems lecture on Thursday is well suited for it as it's just before the Lunch Bar. The rest of the day was totally naff unless you like hearing about PHP and MySQL programming.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Teifion you are awesome!! And you are so right- the devil certainly wants you to be too scared to say anything. Hes trying it with all of us - so yes, we shall need to pray and be bold! A lot of the time that means doing something we dont want to do...! Will be praying for you man!! Keep up the good work tho dude, you're ace!!:-D

mum said...

Just a thought - being able to shout about your faith is one thing - but do you think people are more likely to come to events if someone shouts about it or comes up to them and gives them a personal invitation?

Teifion said...

I was going to personally invite some people and shout to everybody else (I only have so much time), I managed the personal invites but the shouting was beyond me, hence the post.