The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Tired but still a Geek - Thursday

I managed to get out of bed at about 0700 today, hopefully I can make it tomorrow. I'd hate to miss the Prayer Meeting. After the Prayer Meeting I enjoyed breakfast with the CU that managed to turn up (acutally, attendance is still pretty good, most of us were expecting it to fall as the week went by). After the breakfast I went to my Group Project lecture, nothing amazingly blog-worthy there. After the lecture my group had a group meeting, I was the odd one out as I had a shirt and tie on (for my interview later) and so had some jokes made at my expense, I clearly didn't care. We sorted out a load of things for the project such as what each of us were to do first. I am in-charge of creating a system that sends semi-random test data to the system we create. After the meeting we had Software Systems where I was going to invite people via yelling. Well, bad news is I didn't. Yeah, I know what you're likely thinking, "Ha, now he's just proved that Prayer doesn't work!". Not quite, I've just proved that it doesn't always have the effect you expect, it occours to me that yelling might not have been the best idea. After the lecture was of coruse the Lunch Bar, I knew that today would be popular as it was on the subject of Science and "Doesn't it disprove God?". Michael spoke very well and answered their questions with great tact and clarity. I've recorded the thing and want to see what I can do about putting it on the internet. Afterwards was my job interview. Thanks to all those that prayed for me (apparently one guy got his entire Church to pray!). The interview went really well, it was an hour long (well, just under) and consisted of Colin (the Gentleman interviewing me) asking me about my experiance of programming, me having to figure out what two pages of code did and then me explaining some of the code printouts I'd brought. I then asked Colin a load of questions about some of the things that His company has done. This evening was the CU Pub Quiz in Bar 38. Steve H and myself took some sound equipment along and then discovered that the food was stupidly expensive, we're talking £3 for a bowl of soup. So, we went to Burger King, I got a large meal for £4.50 and was very happy. My team didn't win the quiz but I had fun and spent a lot of time talking to Huw about WoA.

0 comments: