The blog has now moved!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Stiff upper lip? No, more like stiff upper neck - Monday

Only the second half of the name has any relevance whatsoever, and why so, well, you'll find out soon enough. Last night I faced a problem, I had to be out of bed in time to arrive at an 8am prayer meeting, we're talking an 0700 start here, this is a serious challenge to any true student. Now, assuming I went to bed right after blogging, I knew that I would stand a far better chance of getting up in time, yet, I knew that at the same time I hadn't read the Bible and Prayed, yes, I am aware that you don't have to but I enjoy it, it helps me learn more about God and how I should live my life. I being a logical person soon came up with a logical conclusion. God wants me to attend the Prayer Meeting (well, it's assumed so anyway) and wants me to learn more about Him (again, assumed). So, therefore, if He really wants both, He will happily help me if I make a sacrifice for Him. I decided "If God really wants me at the Prayer Meeting, he will ensure I am up in time for it, even if I read the Bible and go to bed somewhat later". I set my alarm to possibly wake me quietly at 0600 (assuming I was in a phase of light sleep) and hopefully wake me at 0700 and definitely wake me at 0715. I read the Bible and Prayed, then tried to get to sleep. At about 6am I woke up, at 0610 I got out of bed and within ten more minutes was wide awake and ready to go. Y'see, when God wants to help you, He goes the whole way. Not only was I able to have a relaxing shower and suchlike, but also catch up on the WoA stuff I missed last night by logging off the net early. I then started the Prayer Crawl. I collected India, then SiƤn and Ceryn, then Helen, Abi and Stephanie. On the way we met Sarah, Brierley and Pete then Becca and Luke. It was great. Better yet, when I met people they were tired, within ten minutes of meeting me, they were awake. The Prayer Meeting was good, it enthused us all and afterwards we went to have a breakfast at Weatherspoons. For £2 I had a pretty nice English Breakfast, better yet, we're doing this every day of the week! So, God had blessed me with a short but restive night sleep and a nice breakfast, surely I wasn't going to get much more, for a start I wasn't even asking for anything in particular. Well, no, God is gracious and loving. I attended my Digital Electronics lecture and didn't understand vast amounts of it. Hypothetically you were me, you have an hour break, then an hour of Formal Computing, then an hour of Digital (again) and then a Formal Computing Test. Would you give out fliers for a Lunch Bar thing you would not even be attending or would you do a little revision, bearing in mind said test counts towards 20% of your Formal Computing final mark. Well, Jo of all people thought I should be revising, yes, Jo who has a whole two hours of lectures a week and studies art. Lets face it, art, you draw pictures, why is she trying to give me academic advice? Okay, to be fair, Jo does a lot of work and probably tries harder than me, art is just a really easy subject to mock. So, after ignoring Jo's advice to go study I gave out fliers, then went to my lectures. Lets do some Maths on the possible test results for a minute shall we?       20% - Half Pass Mark, 4% of the Final Mark, Not very good at all       40% - Pass Mark, 8% of the Final Mark, Acceptable       60% - A 2:1 - 2:2 borderline, not too bad       70% - A first, very nice and I would love one So, where along there did I land? Go on, make a guess THEN read on Tell you what, I'll first tell you why I have a bad neck It's because I danced, yeah, now you're really curious huh? I got 15 out of 15. Yes, I got 100%. If I do this well next test then I am assured of passing the unit as I will have 40% overall after just two tests. As you can well imagine, I was mildly happy with this turn of events and feel I should be giving out fliers more often, heck, I might even manage to pluck up the courage to invite an entire lecture to the Lunch Bar thing we run, currently I don't feel up to it. This evening I did some programming and then went to the Band Night. The music was very very loud and a load of us danced without being drunk, we had a great time. I didn't get a chance to talk to the band because I left early, because of my neck. Now, why would I get a bad neck from dancing? Well, as clearly shown here and here, I am "blessed" with a long neck, just like say, a Giraffe. Now add to the fact that I'd had two pints of coke (i.e. a lot of sugar) and was slightly tired, you can imagine that I might be somewhat hyperactive. Well, more Hyperactive. Basic physics tells you that when I "rave" or "headbang", my long neck means that my head applies more force to my shoulders and lower neck. Getting the idea yet?

0 comments: