The blog has now moved!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Tired? - Monday

I awoke gently at 07somethingorother. I fell asleep shortly after resetting my alarm. I looked at my watch. 0830. This was "not good". I had a lab at 0900 that I had to attend, my current fastest at walking was 18:33 and I had to get washed, dressed and pack some stuff into my bag. 0905 I was in the lab, 0910 the lecturer turned up. It was Ionnais so we traded jokes. He's cool. Myself and Chris got to work on the Java project, we figured out what we each needed to do to get it off the ground. After the lecture I got some cornish pasties (Tesco Value). I wish I'd gone for the Sausage rolls, I think the pasties disagreed with my digestive system a little. Formal computing was very very boring (sadly) and I walked home after it. I napped for a while (I was still very tired) and then went to setup sound. We got it all almost working before Steve returned from dinner. Today I wasn't running sound, Sam wants to get more involved, the problem is I'm still somehow involved in carry the heavy stuff, I wasn't feeling overly well before having to carry it, now my arms hurt even more. I've decided that next week I'll have to see what I can do about not being involved in sound if I can help it. CU tonight was about Prayer, it's importance and how it's a great privilege. It really challenged my thinking and I think I should read more of the Old Testament. After CU I was somehow again required to carry heavy stuff, though Steve carried more than usual because I wasn't up to it. I went home (though I did talk to Andrew and Simon a bit before they left) and MSNd to WoA players and also Becca from the CU. Tomorrow will be a good day (I think). I've got Java in the morning, a two hour break, an hour of software systems, two hour break, digital electronics, software systems then no Data Coms tutorial, it's been cancelled this week. That is good. I also uploaded another picture of myself. It's quite impressive I weigh little enough to be able to stand on Pete like that and for him to be quite okay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teif,
seems like the story of my life. I'm pretty sure being that tired ain't good for you. For all I can tell, you should seriously catch some more sleep or you get ill. Seriously.

Another thing you can do if you are really tired and need to get up. Don't step out of bed, viciously ROLL OUT OF BED Yes it hurts, but 9/10 cases you are quite awake after if and able to quickly prepare to go to school.

You know it's a veteran talking. ;)

Greetz,
Wulf

Teifion said...

I will..... try that....

And I'll be sure to tell you the results of it too. I hope your sleeping problems are better, Teifion.

Major Look said...

Try getting more exercise, eat healthier and get to bed earlier - that may also help ;-)

Also - only try rolling out of bed onto the floor. If you roll the other way, you will merely find yourself wedged between the bed and the wall, and may be stuck there for days!

Sammy Davies said...

What you need to do is enter some sort of ZEN like state where sleep is no longer nessicary for you because you're always meditating.

I started doingit just after the lubottomy and I feel great!