The blog has now moved!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Somewhat better - Wednesday

I got up quite on time for my 0900 Java lecture. I went to the Java lecture and learnt some new stuff about Java. After the lecture I sat down for some WoA and then some programming in the area of WoA. I enjoyed it but for some reason it just doesn't make good blog material. Salem's lecture wasn't incredible, I found I got 47% in the test, I thought I'd done better than that, ah well, just means I know I need to put more work in for future tests. After the lecture I met Becca and showed her the way to the Prayer Lunch. I had an awesomely cool joke planned but it failed. Siän's house (where we have the prayer lunches) has a short extension to the hallway beyond the door, this means I can wall-climb up it and sit above the door. Sadly there's a massive pane of glass there, rather than in the front room they were all in the kitchen so saw me. The joke was going to be that I'd let go of the wall, fall down quietly and say "Mind if I drop in?". Becca, Siän, Graham, Brierley and Ceryn didn't laugh much either. We prayed for the issues concerning the CU, everybody but myself, Siän and Becca left. We washed up and I went home. There I checked my email and found that to follow a certain link I had to go see someone at Uni. I got to the Connect Up shop and spent about three quarters of an hour talking to the guy there about Macs and whatnot. I got home, had dinner (it scored a single handful of vegetables today, though to be fair the waffles were replaced by mashed potato). I then did some Java, got totally confused when it didn't work. Gareth knows the niggling details of Java somewhat better than me and quite easily pointed out the keywords I'd missed out. I did not "roll out of bed" this morning. The reason being I had an idea that my head my connect with something solid very fast, possibly achieving the reverse effect to what was intended. Thanks all the same for the suggestion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I had an idea that my head my connect with something solid very fast"

Legs and arms break falls easily, especially if you put your chin to your chest, as when performing a roll/somersault.

Come on, you could make it! Also, I laughed when reading your "can I drop in" joke. It was really nice, care less about how other people like your jokes, and laugh more about them yourselves. ;)

Greetings,
Wulfbanes

Anonymous said...

Do not listen to him my young padawan, to wulfbanes side lies nothing but darkness...

Teifion said...

Hmmm, it's tempting to try it but I just don't think it's worth it. What if my fist goes through my chest? (C'mon, we all know it can happen, I weigh a lot).

As for the joke, glad someone liked it. I'll be sure to tell people that didn't like it how you're clearly far more refined with a much better sense of humour than them.

As for Darkness being around Wulfbanes, well, he's as much a nerd as me and most nerds don't use a light, they just use the computer screen, one reason the eyes get damaged more easily.