The blog has now moved!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Free Lunch! - Sunday

I got up, walked some of the way to Church, saw Sarah and got a lift with her to the Church Search. The bad news was that there were not enough car spaces for the ride back, so I walked. I got half way there before Sarah picked me up and drove me the rest of the way. We got in ten minutes late but didn't miss anything beyond the initial hymns. Jonathan was talking today about Eternal Life, the key message of the Bible. It made me think about a conversation I'd had with a friend the other day about Baptism. He believed one thing and I believed another. They key thing was that though it's important, it's not something that should detract from the main message. For lunch all the ladies went around to the Mitchell's and the guys went around to the Hackers. There we had a most excellent Curry. As a new method of defining how good the food is I will add a value of what vegetables I ate with it, the better the food the more vegetables I will manage to eat with it. This curry scored 4 Cabbage leaves (technically three but one was twice the size of the others) a mushroom and I think three chunks of carrot. If I'm ill we know why. For the rest of the day we watched a Delirious DVD and went for a walk. The Hackers gave us afternoon tea which was very nice (I had a decent sized tomato slice). We then went to the afternoon service. It was about the Futility of Wars, how they don't server anything in the long run and that rather than saying it's the government's fault, we need to first look to ourselves. Specifically that we need to "Look to the needs of others". After the service I walked Lorna and Faye (I think that's how it's spelt) home and then sat around talking to them. Sarah's blog had a special thing about me, specifically she's going to start using paragraphs now. I got home, WoAed and checked the sites I check. On the ECE Forum there has been an interesting thread about the Mac Adverts ditching the "cool" guy. More importantly I quite like my response to them trying to imply I look stupid. However, after that they simply started trying to find a picture of me. PeteA is Pete from my house and we got this and this as examples of what I look like. The first picture of me being a giant isn't photoshopped in any way, it just came out like that because of the position of the camera (was standing on these small rails that are just below shoulder height, I don't know what they're called).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teif,
you got a veggie problem? Oh my, I never thought of you that way. If you need to stash vegetables in the same way I do, reward yourself like this, making it a lot easier:

- First eat all vegetables on your plate.
- Finish all your rice/potatoes.
- EAT THE MEAT!

I like meat, and I think you may too, so if that's the reward of your meal, put it last and eat the other 'not as cool' stuff first.

Another thing you can do is eat veggies till you can't take it no more, then same for rice/potatoes, and then same with the meat. But you can't go back a fase in this way of eating. And if you ever hadthe feeling you are hungry, you know you want to eat more. XD

Another thing that helps is scrambling your food through eachother. It will taste like NOTHING, but you can shove it away very fast with a spoon :) This is the dutch way of eating stuff that tastes like shit. ;)

Greetings,
Wulfie