The blog has now moved!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Houseparty Day 2 - Saturday

I awoke to my watch alarm, after a single bleep I was fully away (I had been semi-awake before that). The current time was 0700 which meant I was the first guy up and quite possibly up before any of the ladies. At 0800, Colin and myself woke everybody up for the prayer meeting. Normally Collin does it himself alone and uses a bell. Steve Haskew had however removed the ball and chain part of the bell from the bell itself. Apparently my voice is louder than the bell. Yay! After the Prayer Meeting (not too many were so tired as to be unable to attend) we had a quiet time until breakfast. Breakfast itself was really good, the fact that my table was last to be called up was all due to Becca (she laughed at me) but it didn't spoil the food at all. After breakfast we had a talk, the theme for this weekend is Evangelism. This talk was about leading a Godly life, one that'd speak to those around you about the change that Jesus has made in your life. After that we had some games, then we had Lunch. Lunch was pretty nice (again, my table was one of the last to be served). After lunch we played some wide games. These were great fun and I enjoyed them a lot. Chris and Emma have organised all the games played so far and they've done a wonderful job of it too. Incidentally, I got Becca back for deliberately choosing my table last (she laughed at me) by throwing some water at her. I really don't think it bothered her as she joined in with a massive mud fight (which I managed to avoid). While some people got themselves covered in mud, myself and a group of others played Leg Wrestling. I am not very good at it, I believe that having some weight would really help me to be better at it, looks like I need to grow a bigger stomach if that's to happen. After the games we had some seminars where we discussed what we'd been told by the speaker. It was good (we split into men and ladies) and we covered some good topics. After the seminars we had some dinner and then watched some fireworks. The fireworks were fairly impressive, impressive seeing as Steve was the only one lighting them, had 12ish rockets and only two tubes to launch them from. I had offered to help but Sam Groves was meant to be helping, he just didn't go down and help Steve, I was most confused. After the fireworks we had an evening talk about how to make the most of opportunities and how to engineer them, namely by living that life. For the Evening-Night some of us watched Napoleon Dynamite, a strange yet funny and interesting film. I blogged and went to bed.

2 comments:

Emz said...

I am not very good at it, I believe that having some weight would really help me to be better at it, looks like I need to grow a bigger stomach if that's to happen.

Muscle is heavier than fat Teifion ;)

Teifion said...

Valid point, time to actually do some push-ups I think.