The blog has now moved!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

End of Houseparty - Sunday

I didn't manage to awake quite so fast today, and it was a smidgin later. Still, I woke up at about 0750 and was out of bed in 60 seconds. I showered and went to the prayer meeting. Everybody wondered why I was so dry, I was rather confused until I was told that Colin had stolen somebody's towel while they were in the shower, they thought it was mine (and were hoping it was). Turns out it was Justin's. I informed them that if they stole my towel while I was in the shower I'd get out of the shower dripping went, throw on my shorts and turn up to the prayer meeting like that. I got the impression they won't be taking my towel next houseparty. After the prayer meeting Ceryn gave myself and Colin a very good idea, throw cold water over someone in a shower. Steve La P was having a shower very soon and didn't hear this idea. I threw a jug of cold water first and since I didn't hear anything, Colin did so too a minute later. This prompted a response of "Thanks Colin, I just hope that wasn't toilet water". It was of course just tap water and Colin could not actually be seen by Steve as there was a wall in the way, as you might have guessed, Colin plays lots of jokes on people. Steve Haskew had a cunning plan to add to the joke, turn out all the lights in the bathroom. Then we decided to tie the door to a wall too. Then we scrapped the string idea and instead duct-taped bin bags across the doorway, Steve managed to punch through them in moments and it was quite funny. Strangely enough nobody else had a shower after that... The Morning talk was a conclusion to the weekend and explained to be gentle and not force Christianity onto people. After the talk we had lunch, it was very very tasty. This weekend, due to the additional energy expended, I've been eating twice what I normally eat (meaning I eat roughly what a normal person eats), this meant I could enjoy more food than normal. Woo! After lunch we all started to clean up and pack our bags. The hovercraft back was a lot smoother than the way there and because I'd gone to bed earlier each day, I wasn't quite as tired this year as I was the last. This meant I was able to walk home, upon getting home I sat down for a while, had a big mug of tea and tried to work out if I was going to Church or not. I decided to see who else might come, SiƤn and Ceryn were not online. I started talking to Becca, she'd mentioned that she'd like to come to Eastney and so I asked her if she'd like to come tonight. In retrospect that might have not been the best plan ever. Becca lives near the Union, Eastney Evangelical Free Church is a half hour walk away by my speed. This equates to approx a 2.5 mile walk from one to the other. In total I walked 1.25 miles to the Union, 2.5 to Eastney, 2.5 back, 1.25 to my house. That's 7.5 miles for those that can't be bothered to count. Surprisingly enough I don't feel knackered from that. My upper body is worn out, but that was the case before the hovercraft trip, my legs if anything feel better for the walk! After getting back I WoAed a little, blogged and went to bed. There will be pictures up at a later time, for now I have 350mb of photos and other people are giving me theirs too! That's a lot to sort through.

0 comments: