The blog has now moved!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Paid for Nothing, awesome! - Wednesday

I got up, managed to get into Uni in time for 0900. This was very useful because I was being paid for it. No, not paid to sit in a Java lecture, paid to sit down and listen to a lady tell me how the tour guides are different this year. It seems that the Tour Guides are getting better each year and I'm happy to see improvements like this (we go up the Spinnaker tower!). More importantly I was paid £6.68 or so an hour for one and a half hours, equates to a tenner. A tenner for sitting down, listening and then drinking a free cup of tea, three cups of Orange Juice and six biscuits (they were really nice ones). Yes, I am looking forwards to "working". I sat down in Anglesea for an hour doing various web things then went to my Digital Coms lecture. It was dull. After this the day got a lot better. If you've been paying attention you'll probably remember that last week and the week before I've had some charming female company on the way to the Prayer Lunch. Today was no exception with Lizzie, then Becca then Hannah joining me on my way. I'm not complaining. Prayer Lunch was good, the food itself was pretty nice, I ate almost all the Scotch Eggs myself. After the Prayer Lunch I went home, did some Web Stuff for WoA and then later went over to see Huw. We did some WoA stuff, we did some stuff for a thing he's doing called "Being a Geek for God" and then played a strategy game called Mac Fungus that I don't have time to explain.

0 comments: