The blog has now moved!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Man Alive... - Sunday

No, it's nothing to do with life and death. It's just that John from Ammanford wanted me to ask our (Welsh) relay worker if She knew anything about the phrase, she's heard it, there, job done... Today I got up at umm, I can't recall and it's not important. The key thing is that I forgot Church was at 1030 rather than 1000 and got there 15 minutes early. After sitting outside for a while someone unlocked the door and I went in. The morning service was about getting the Balance of priorities correct. It was looking at Luke 8:16 and how Jesus says that you do not light a lamp only to put it out, then saying that his family were his followers. Jonathan pointed out that looking at other things Jesus does he's not saying family are pointless, just that they come second to God. The Hackers very kindly invited the students and Phil (he's technically not a student but I can't see that being a problem, I'm calling him a student from now on) to their house for lunch. Lorna, Brierley, SiƤn, Keryn (I think that's how it's spelt, She's the new relay worker for the CU), Graham, Phill and myself went over and it was delicious. After lunch we all sat in the Garden and chatted about random things, Lorna somehow managed to say that one of her school uniforms was rather revealing with the wording she used ("it [the uniform] was not a lot") and though I doubt it was quite like that, it'd explain a lot about Lorna if she went through that... In the evening there was a presentation from a Missionary from Iraq. She has been helping the Kurds in one of the cities and doing lots of really great stuff for them. It was very good to hear. In the evening service Jonathan "proved" as it were the saying that God works in mysterious ways. Peter (from the Bible) was travelling and wanted to take the message of the Gospel to Asia (though it's not what we consider Asia now) and was told by God to go a different place. Phillipi. The first person he witnessed to was from Asia, the point of it all was that if you're interested in following God's plan, follow all of it. I walked Lorna and Brierley back home, then came back myself. We've had internet problems. Speicifically the router keeps kicking almost everything off the network and we're not sure why. It's been most frustrating and I've not been able to talk to friends on MSN for more than 2 minutes in a row. If it continues I'll be looking into getting a very very long Ethernet cable... In other news Pete has some songs from a group called Therion, they're really good and I like them a lot. Therion are a mix of Clasical and Rock, they also sing in Swedish for most of the songs (might be something to do with them being Swedish, you never know). They even did O Fortuna and it sounds pretty cool. In other other news, Gareth has arrived down here and we're now just awaitng the last housemate. Now, for the free stuff contest? Hahaha, no, I will save that for tomorrow, today is quite long enough thank you.

5 comments:

Emz said...

Yeah, the msn thing sucks doesn't it :( Oh well, thankgoodness for Outlook :D

Thanks for the Therion tunes, they rock! I love 'em! I'm gonna stick them all on a CD so I can listen to them in school too...right now I'm listening to Muse. Glad you had a nice day :)

Teifion said...

Pete and myself are definately going to buy them and we're hoping Gareth likes them too, means we'll all chip in :)

Teifion said...

I now have 3 more of their albums

Emz said...

Awesome :D

sparkly shoes said...

ooh
the missionary wouldn't be called Rachel Newton would she by any chance?