The blog has now moved!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

What a day - Sunday

I was up for my prelim checking of WoA in the morning. Normally I don't come back for the entire day and there are usually complaints and questions about stuff. I also had breakfast before going to Eastney Church for the morning service. Johnathan talked about the fact that Jesus healing people was only a short term thing, it served no long lasting use, they will still die. I think that it can be summed up as "Look to the long term, not the short term". After the service we (Andrew, Lorna, Sarah, SiƤn, Lizzie, Jo and Brierly along with the Hacker children Tim and Abigail and of course, me) sat around and chatted, then went to the Hacker's for lunch. And what a lunch it was! It was excellent. I really really liked it (curry). After lunch we played games such as the Animal Game, Mrs Mumble and G'day Bruce. After games we went for a walk along the seafront. I found a kite plane that'd been abandonded, it's broken but Duct Tape will solve any problem such as something broken. I also threw lots of stones in the sea. We got back to the Hackers and had dinner there, it was also excellent (sandwiches, choose your filling from a large selection). The evening service made me think a lot. Recently on WoA there has been a debate on how we run the game and how much we should participate in the game itself. After Johanathan talked more about how Jesus was a Servant Leader and I thought more about it, I decided to follow his example. The evening service was really good and I talked to Johnathan about how him being a preacher it must be hard to never be able to recieve a service except while on holiday. Getting back I did some WoA stuff. We've lost a Custodian (he has his final exams of Uni, we're all agreed that he needs time off) so there's just me and the new guy (who is EXCELLENT). As such we've had to add a limit to the number of teams, we've not wanted to but it had to be done. Over today I've had a "different" feeling. Almost as if things were just "happening". I didn't notice this until I got back this evening and read some of the comments about the way I run WoA. These made me feel disheartened and I realise that this "feeling" was one of no stress whatsoever. Normally I'm not very stressed but I feel that today was even less stressfull and I enjoyed it.

Lorna's Cool Hobby I fail to remember how we got onto the subject of it, but apparently I have very very good veins for looking at. My arms are muscle and bone. For some reason Lorna really wanted to poke the veins. I think she's trying to compete to see how weird she can be compared to me. Lorna, you don't have a chance ;)

0 comments: