The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I like Chocolate - Wednessday

I had an 0900 lecture, but he's not talking about stuff I need to know so I didn't go. The two hour lecture frim Misha Filip was cancelled because he's at a telecomunications conferance. Therefore I didn't need to get there until about 1200 for the ECEKTG. I spent the morning working on the website. At the ECEKTG thing David Ndzi looked at the website I'd done so far and said he liked it. He phoned up the guy to ask for his opinion and I spent the next 20 minutes altering small parts of the site at high speed. Well, I thought it was "standard" speed, but David Ndzi seems to think I'm fast. After the ECEKTG there was the SSCC (Staff Student Committee Council). There was a shortage of cakes, lucky I brought chocolate (but I'd eaten most of it before I got there...) The reason I'd gone around collecting ECFs was because Rick brought up a point about how the Admin office in Anglesea hands them out. There was no need for me to show them and it was all resolved quietly which was good. Yes it'd have been interesting to see an argument develop, but overall I think it's for the best that one didn't. After the SSCC meeting I cycled back, tripled my best high-score on Deimos rising and did the WoA rounds. Dinner was excellent and I really liked it. After dinner I did more Deimos rising, sadly the lethargy hasn't improved by much. The evening was taken up by Hall Group. Instead of sitting in a room, we sat outside the refectory and had chocolate fondue. I'm feeling ever so slightly sick.

Laying down the law Recently someone on WoA has done something truly stupid and has had to be banned (temporarily) for it. They appear to not truly be sorry but are very very upset about it. Considering that I've already let them off some stuff before (lightly according to some people) should I have really gone the whole hog and done the temporary ban? I'm standing by my choice but I'd be interested to know what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wouldnt have a clue i dont know what the offence is..........

Teifion said...

We have a system where a player can display on their profile what team they are a part of. Owing to my inexperiance at PHP I couldn't make it so that they can only choose the team they are on. This guy decided to be stupid on purpose and put the wrong team in.

Anonymous said...

rofl is that all?

just hard code the name of the teams then

Teifion said...

For 90 players, yeah, that's easy and a good use of my time ;)