The blog has now moved!

Monday, April 03, 2006

Unenergetic - Monday

Only one lecture today at 1300. So I was up at about 1000. On WoA the opinions about the way I run it have no reversed. As soon as I suggested that I go beyond what they thought (I'm an all or nothing person) I should they promptly changed their tune and said "no no, do it like you were before". Actually, that's not all true. For a start some agree with my idea and not all suggested the change in the first place. After browsing the web a little I got the bus into Uni. I sat next to Sarah (the one that's getting married) and talked about random stuff. She's feeling better which is really really good. I went to Tesco and got loads of Chocolate. Then I went around buildings and got ECFs (Extenuating Circumstances Form), I'll tell you why on my Wednessday blog ;) The lecture was good. Victor noticed that there were not many people there so passed around a register. Sadly, we had to write our HEMIS number on it, so no rude names. Or so you'd think. Myself and some friends quietly added close to 20 onto the list on the right. We don't know what Victor did when he saw it as he didn't notice the names while in the lecture. After the lecture I got the bus back to Langstone and played a lot of Deimos Rising. It's an old old Arcade style game that's good fun. I wanted to do more stuff, but I just felt so lethargic and tired. I don't like it and tried doing exercises, they didn't help a lot (though my stomach ached for the rest of the day if I used the muscles a lot). This evening we went bowling. It was delayed because one of the ladies dislocated her knee when she fell over! I don't know if she's okay but I'm sure that the presence of Greg helped. Greg is studying Radography (or similar) and therefore rather knowing about injuries. In my lane was Gareth, Chris from Eastney and Emma from Eastney. Chris was very good and trounced us all. I managed to bowl appalinglingly. Round 2 was interesting. Lizzie was in the lane next to me and decided to boast that she beat my score. Every time she went to take a shot myself and Gareth put her off. We were both soon ahead and then told that actually we were all booked for only one round. We were gutted (I'm counting it as a win). Chris was very very impressive, he got a LOT of strikes as did Steve La P (otherwise known as stuffedpig, nobody uses these nicknames). After bowling we went to the pub where I played a game of Chess against Jo and Graham. Well, it was Jo with Graham giving advice but not telling her what to actually move. Jo won. I talked to Andrew about his testimoney. He too grew up in a Christian family, went to Sunday School, got told about Jesus, the Bible, God, etc. He too wondered how on Earth it was all connected to him. Then he went to a Christian camp over a summer and they studied Revelations (the last book of the Bible, I find it quite interesting) and after that he gradually became a Christian. Gareth and I got the bus back as we both are going in early tomorrow.

My manly physique Other than push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups and the one where you lie down and raise your legs in the air (does the lower abs). What exercises can you think of that require no apparatus and can be done in a small-ish room.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have loads of things you can do without equipment. I was learning to become a karate instructor for a while. Lunges are always a good idea for the legs. But if you are looking for things to do with the arms you might try just doing punches to the air except do them as fast as possible. You'd be surprised how fast your arms start to hurt. Just make sure you don't throw your shoulder out doing it. If you want anymore suggestions feel free to ask.

Major Look said...

You could always try turning the pages of a book while studying ;-)

Teifion said...

I'll try that and see what it's like. Thanks for the suggestion AJ.

We Electrical Engineers don't use books, they're too old fashioned.

Brett Jordan said...

http://koreantaekwondo.tripod.com/articles/exercises.htm has some good stuff... or for some hardcore stuff, http://www.liftforlife.com/bodyweightexercise2.htm - of course, you could always use those 'old-fashioned books' to rest on, or to add resistance :-)

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Anonymous said...

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?

Hints:


The Brit lives in the red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house.
The green homeowner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the center house drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
The German smokes prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.