The blog has now moved!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

There is such a thing as Free Lunch - Sunday

I got up, did some WoA stuff, then walked to Church. None of the others normally at Langstone were there today as they're not yet back from Holidays. It was me, Siän and Lizzie. And it turned out (about 5 minutes before the service started) that we were doing refreshments. I made it to the shop and back in time (had to go get biscuits). For lunch I was invited over to the Hacker's, but I'd heard Becca mention that they didn't have food prepared for students to come over so I quietly left when they were not watching. I felt that if they didn't have food prepared, it would be rude to go over their house. I instead got a free lunch from the refectory (lots of left-overs). So, turns out there is a Free Lunch. The Evening service is still on the subject of Church Leadership. My logic is that if the Church has survived this long, it must be doing some things right, and I fail to see how Leadership cannot be one of them. The first point that I took from the service is that Leadership is important, well, I don't disagree at all there. The second is to ensure that people are not elevated above positions that they deserve, when people become aloof, who will challenge their choices and decisions? After the service I walked Lizzie and Jo home (Siän didn't come to the evening service, but Jo did, almost as if they're on a rota...) and then walked home myself (their house is only a little out of the way so it's not a problem for me). Sadly I've yet to get a lady to rub the back of my head (it's stubble there after the last haircut), however, there's always tomorrow :)

Midday I managed to get to about 1200 until I criticised someone. I was washing stuff up and jovially said that Lizze was a little slow. Too bad. I managed to be good for most of the rest of the day, the way I see it, after the first misshap I have to wait until the next day to start counting. Next week I'll add another challenge. The logic being that after a while, I'll have perfect inter-personal skills :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Triple post!