The blog has now moved!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Manageable - Friday

I got up an hour later than planned, my alarm had de-activated itself. Luckily I had only one lecture today and I don't need to go to it. Still, there was an assessment thing happening and I went in to see the lecturer about it. I got him to sort of see a "draft" of my work and it looks like I'll get a good mark for it. I spent some time helping Sam from the CU with some PHP code he had to debug. When I have flaws in my code I think I should ask other people to help me, it's so much easier to spot mistakes other people have made. I found that sadly there was no bus back at the time I got out of Angelsea building, however, Alan was also walking home so I spent about 40 minutes (seemed like 10) talking to him about how to play games like an Evil Overlord. I spent the evening reading "A Clash of Kings" (book 2 in the series), making flowcharts for a C program and a very little time on WoA. The great thing about timing here is that just as my workload has increased (it'll vanish soon enough) the WoA workload drops. I went to bed fairly late, but then, I've not got WoA to do tomorrow, just work. More importantly, it's work that I know. I find a great satisfaction in doing work that I "know" exactly what I have to do and even more if I'll learn to do something new at the same time.

Eating Chocolate The people that I don't want to see tips are silly enough to only read the blog on the days they meet me. The people that goto Eastney or see said people I think I can trust not tell other people. Sadly however nobody sent me any suggestions, however, seeing as the people I'm trying to beat won't read this post, feel free to post any and all suggestions here :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry, missed blog yesterday (bad me)
With the ice cream thing it's a question of timing - as soon as you start eating you've got a countdown where your stomach's waking up basically
Looking at you, I'd say you had quite a high metabolism so your stomach's gonna figure out what's going on quite quickly. Basically that means you have to eat LOADS within the first five minutes or so - before your stomach knows you're eating so to speak. However, if you go too fast then you've got the danger of brainfreeze. What I'd do is swirl the ice cream around a bit, melting it and bringing it to room temperature thus eliminating the chance of brain freeze. Then drink it, meaning you can consume more ice cream in less time

Teifion said...

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try it. I've heard stuff before about eating contests about your stomach not being "awake" as such, didn't know if it were true or not.

Anonymous said...

Did you just tell Alan about my ZO?

WIth regards to your stomach waking up, its true.