The blog has now moved!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

A real book - Sunday

I got up, walked to Church. There was sadly not many students there today, however, there was a massive orchestra (well, bigger than the one we normally have) and they were quite impressive. The service was about music, how it can be good and how it can be bad. We also heard a testimoney about someone's son. Born deformed in such a way that it was predicted to live for no more than two weeks (they were told to abort but chose not to). Christopher lived for six months and those that held him felt very compassionate and loving. 300 people attended Christopher's funeral. I feel that there is a very important lesson to be re-learnt from that story. Love and Gentleness will do so much more than Anger anger and Fear. After the service I walked back to Langstone and got my hands on six sausages, they were greasy, great and free! I played Deimos Rising, did pushups, read the book and then went to the evening service. Well, before going to the evening service I went around to Phoebe's house for about an hour. More free food there. The afternoon service was all about Control and letting God into your life. I felt it quite appropriate for my current situation. After the service I ate free cakes that'd been leftover from some time earlier that day, talked to Johnathan, ate more cakes and then talked to Andrew.

The Book The book I refer to is "A Clash of Kings". It's a 'real' book because it's very very real. People die in it, people that you've actually grown to like. It's actually quite nice to read something like this, it doesn't "dumb down" as such. It's also far from a bed-time story.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im a big fan of tragedies myself when it comes to books. If a main character doesn't die in the book, or in some way become less than they were it is not on my favorites list.

Teifion said...

The main character died off a while back, or at least, so I thought. Turns out there currently is no main character.